Purolator new standard Filter at WM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pleasantly surprised earlier this week to find that my local WM is now carrying purolator. One of the employees in the auto department stated they were replacing all ST filters with purolator. The price on them was low too! Lower even then fram.

ErIup.png

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Like to know where all those ST filters went...

It was reported here that Fram bought Champion's filter business, so the ST's would be redundant. Just Frams in sheeps clothing.

Funny though, I thought AC Delcos were Champions and I still see them there.

I noticed the same thing the other day. Classics were $3.27 at my walmart. I was glad to see it! Main drawback to buying oil at walmart was the lack of filter options (fram)..

hope purolator quality doesnt go down the drain like most garbage sold at W-M. Watch them all be offshored to China real soon...

nwjones18 said:
I noticed the same thing the other day. Classics were $3.27 at my walmart. I was glad to see it! Main drawback to buying oil at walmart was the lack of filter options (fram).. [/quot]

3.27 is what I think most of them were.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
hope purolator quality doesnt go down the drain like most garbage sold at W-M. Watch them all be offshored to China real soon...

Highly doubt it - you can't equate being sold at Walmart with future downfall in quality. Motorcraft are sold there, so you think they will soon be made in China too? Obviously, Purolator can afford to sell to Walmart and still make some profit from the deal.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
It was reported here that Fram bought Champion's filter business,
Not quite. A New Zealand holding company bought both FRAM and Champion.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
It was reported here that Fram bought Champion's filter business,
Not quite. A New Zealand holding company bought both FRAM and Champion.

Darn those Kiwis! Picked up a Purolator at Wally's tonight and was happy tp avoid the Frams.

^^^^^True that. Try this next time. Go to Google search, enter your search, then go to advanced search and insert bobistheoilguy.com in the site or domain box. Hit advance search button.

OR just put your search words before.....site:bobistheoilguy.com eg.,

purolator synthetic oil filter site:bobistheoilguy.com.

HTH

I like purolator but lately i came across two with problems and that is making me wonder about them...
$3.27 is an ok price for them i pay about half of that at my shop for group 7 which is the same filter im pretty sure

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I like purolator but lately i came across two with problems and that is making me wonder about them...
$3.27 is an ok price for them i pay about half of that at my shop for group 7 which is the same filter im pretty sure

in addition to the ones previously posted on this site is making me wonder about Purolator quality as well.

My WM got rid of all the Motorcraft filters. Now it's only the Purolator Classics, FRAMs, and a few AC/Delco and Mopars. Too bad they don't carry the PureOne and Synthetic filters.

I just cut open a bunch of old filters I had sitting around hole-side down, and all of the PureOnes had plenty of oil in them, and none had sat less than six months. Some were more than a year old--still with lots of oil inside.

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor
My WM got rid of all the Motorcraft filters.

That's too bad. Wonder if it was because of competition with the Purolators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back