Purolator Boss PBL 14610 after 15284 miles

Thank you for the cut and post! What was the date code? What did you replace it with? :)

Nice to see a Boss with no slit in the ADBV

Honda 1.5l engine and PBL14610 used for 2 OCI's.

First OCI was Castrol Bio Synthetic 0w-20. Second OCI was Valvoline Advanced full synthetic 0w-20. Oil sample sent off for analysis.

Nothing to report really. Filter medium in great shape with no noticeable particles of note.

Link to pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Tp1gNz3uCiQkjoEaPP14T3E3-Nc0wsik?usp=sharing
Is that 1.5L engine the turbo? If so, hopefully there are no fuel dilution issues with the oil sample.

Thanks for the C&P.

Thank you for the cut and post! What was the date code? What did you replace it with? :)

Nice to see a Boss with no slit in the ADBV

I bought two Purolator PBL14610 back in early 2019. I generally check date codes when purchasing and seem to remember both filters were made in 2018. Used the second one as the replacement this go-a-round.

ADBV looked fine as did the louvers n bypass mechanism. I have always found the Purolator Boss line to be dependable. Opinions vary...lol

Is that 1.5L engine the turbo? If so, hopefully there are no fuel dilution issues with the oil sample.

Thanks for the C&P.

Not a turbo so hopefully no dilution issues.

I do change oil for a friend who has a CR-V with the 1.5l t and it has the dilution issue. Been running Bosch 3323 filter with 0w-20 Castrol Magnatec last two oci's. Time will tell.

Back