Punks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punks think they can take over the world because people don't come down hard enough on them. Punks use to throw cigarette butts over the fence into my yard. Told them and the parents if I find one more the police would be invoved. They stopped. Why are people so stupid and think a neighbor isn't going to see or care that they are throwing trash across the fence?

OP, it's probably the same punk(s) tearing out your markers each time. Try to find out who and go from there.

If they are those fiberglass ones, get them in the ground and then bend or crush the likely area where they are pulling them out. If they pull them out barehanded, they'll end with a hand full of fiberglass splinters.

I use the fiberglass ones in my yard as the plow can still wing the bank back and the poles snap back up. Rebar does not, and the plow drivers get grouchy (technically, where I use them is the right of way).

With the wear over the years from being winged over, I don't grab them bare handed anymore either. Learned my lesson the hard way.

You should pick a weekend night and camp out in your car. Get ahold of the biggest one if they come back and have a come to Jesus meeting with him.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Just remove them....don't bother getting into a game with these punks...

I promise you will lose in these angry times. Easier to fix the grass if you have to.....

just ignore in most cases they will go away. if you play games with these guys it will only get worse.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Just remove them....don't bother getting into a game with these punks...

I promise you will lose in these angry times. Easier to fix the grass if you have to.....

+1, yes sir. Reminds of when the HOA here spent $3500 to light up the entrance to the development. Which I opposed because in the past the two spotlights would be ripped out in a few days and tossed in a nearby ravine. One guy says we need this so people can see the entrance at night. Even though a street light is right at the entrance.

So the lighting company installs the lights and a few days later they are kicked, ripped out and smashed with rocks. Luckily the lighting company reinstalled some lighting that is more flush with the ground. Well they tampered with those as well. Never ending battle. Thugs. This is in a nice, safe area that is ranked nationally as 27th safest in the country and I forget the state ranking, I think top ten.

Sounds like a little night time stake out is in order...with a loaded paint ball gun in hand...

Originally Posted By: grampi

Sounds like a little night time stake out is in order...with a loaded paint ball gun in hand...

use pepper balls in the paintball gun. of course they probably sue you.

not a battle worth fighting
place the markers out just before the snow storm
either put a socket in the ground to receive the markers
or use weighted bottoms on the markers

Originally Posted By: Rand
Originally Posted By: grampi

use pepper balls in the paintball gun. of course they probably sue you.

I would have a second person with me to record their actions on a cell phone, then let them have it with the paint ball gun...

Big landscaping rocks on both sides of the driveway, in-place of those fiberglass markers..

Vehicles that hit or attempt to run them over usually don't try it a 2nd time. They do cause damage to vehicles. My neighbor just had to replace a section of his fuel line under his vehicle. I asked him kindly in the past to quit putting big tire craters in my lawn. He didn't listen at first. But now perhaps he will.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice all! While I would love to get some revenge, I agree its prolly not worth it. Id do a stakeout but its not daily. Intermittent..so itd be a waste of time..would love to follow them home if i did catch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back