Pumpkin Ale

Status
Not open for further replies.
67835995.jpg

Went down to the liquour store and the owner informed me the fabulous pumpkin beer was in. Last year I bought a six-pack and was sent back to the store promptly by wifey for a case. Buffalo Bill's Brewpub brews what I believe is the better Pumpkin Beer. Stay away for the Jack's Pumpkin Spice Beer made by Anheuser-Busch. Poor show.

Yet to sample Shipyard or Blue Moon Pumpkin beers...One thing...this beer is best chilled not ice cold.
cheers2.gif

I've had it. AWESOME stuff, has a hint of clovyness to it like pumpkin pie kind of. tasty beer.

Is that your wife?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pumpkin Ale is good but there aren't a lot of examples. I prefer the Oktoberfest/Marzen style. There are A LOT of good examples of that style this time of year. I tried the Samuel Adams OKTOBERFEST yesterday, not so good. Watery and soapy, minimal flavor. Sam Adams is a gateway beer for those getting into microbrews, but I don't think that one is going to get anyone interested in that style of beer if they haven't had it before.

ANyway, sorry for the threadjack. I personally like the Ichabod Crane pumpkin ale make by New Holland Brewery out of Michigan.

The Oktoberfest beer made by Sam Adams is no good. I would like to try the Ichabod Crane and Wynkoops pumpkin beers. I wonder if there any Germans posting here? Sure would like to hear about the beer served at the authentic festival.

Saw some Harvest Moon Pumpkin Beer at the COOP in Scottsbluff. Anyone ever try Blue Moon Wheat Beer? It's pretty good, so I bet they make a good Pumpkin Beer. Was reasonalby priced too...$5.99 a six-pack.

Sunshine Wheat...is that the New Belgium product you speak of?...I enjoyed this beer the last time I drank it, that was probably in 2003...I'll have to sample it again...though it is not my favorite wheat beer by far...Boulevard Wheat Beer has been my favorite since the first sip...Hint of Raspberries with a bitter finish...
cheers2.gif

Wifey and I took a mini-vacation to Ft. Collins a couple months ago...I should have visited the brewery!...Alas the thought never crossed my mind...wifey was too busy shopping...Lately a lot of my buddies have discovered New Belgium and are harping on it...A couple years ago I was trying em' all and I never really found a New Belgium beer I liked....I thought Fat Tire was a little sweet though someone told me the recipe has changed slightly and it's now more robust and with chocalate overtones...I dunno guess I'll have to give it another go...
cheers.gif

I had a pint of EBC Oktoberfest at the EBC restaurant in Ellicottville, NY. Absolutely fantastic beer.

Then I had a pint of Sam Adams draft oktoberfest at another bar, not even close to as good.

I tried the Blue Moon Harvest pumpkin ale..........BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
puke.gif

One of the worst tasting beers I've had; a bit bitter, hardly any pumpkin spice flavor (just a nice rotted pumpkin after taste), and generally nasty. Run past it at the store!

Thanks for the heads up Drew! I almost bought a six-pack! Of Harvest Moon that is...Today is my Friday so I was thinking of heading down to Kloch's and picking up a six-pack of some strange exotic beer that I have never had before...Only two kinds of pumpkin beer in this town and only one I like. Oh and Drew you were right about the cloves in the pumpkin beer, for some reason I thought it was allspice but it appears to be a combination of the two...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back