Pulsating Brake Pedal While In Park

I looked at a used '04 2500 Suburban today.
Lots of little things wrong with it, but the one thing I couldn't diagnose was when applying the brake pedal in park, the pedal would shudder when first applying pressure to the pedal. Sort of felt like the anti-lock brakes would feel when engaging, but since it was not in motion, I couldn't figure why that would be an issue. No engine codes or dash lights.
The seller said they replace calipers, brake lines and rotors.
Any ideas? Something simple or something major?

Went to check it out in person, it is hydroboost.
They said they did some brake work and replaced some calipers and lines and master cylinder. I imagine hydroboost portion would be independent of brake hydraulics and should not have been affected by the brake work. Am I thinking correctly here?
The PS pump does not make any unusual noises or show any signs of leaking FWIW.

Rather common for a PS pump to fail to provide steady pressure like it should. This will also affect the steering in a dangerous way.

Went to check it out in person, it is hydroboost.
They said they did some brake work and replaced some calipers and lines and master cylinder. I imagine hydroboost portion would be independent of brake hydraulics and should not have been affected by the brake work. Am I thinking correctly here?
The PS pump does not make any unusual noises or show any signs of leaking FWIW.
Yeah, I don’t think the brake work caused anything. This is a power steering pump output pressure problem.

Back