Providence(Rural King house brand) Synthetic 5W30 UOA 5,053k

Ran this oil in our Armada we acquired this summer from a family member. Had bulk 5W30 most of its life with 5-7k OCIs. Got this oil a few months ago when it was $2/quart at RK. Lead is a little high, thoughts? During this OCI there was about 1k miles of towing. Mostly my 16ft tandem trailer with mower and gear, but also a few hundred miles of towing a 25ft travel trailer. Thanks!

Attachments

• 09 ARMADA-211012.pdf
    269.4 KB · Views: 64
  • B98C2A22-C503-4291-88CD-0A52A6FFE6C2.jpg
    B98C2A22-C503-4291-88CD-0A52A6FFE6C2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 291
I agree with BS. Overall decent report and keep an eye on lead. This is only one UOA on the engine and this oil in combo. You have no idea if the lead is "normal" for this engine or not. Otherwise all good.

I've used the previous RK oils (Harvest King) in 10k mile OCIs and continually had great results. Generally nothing to fear from a bargain lube if it's API licensed.

HK synthetic isn't the screaming bargain it once was...it was $4 a quart and $16.99 for the 5 qt. jug when I stopped in last week. I'd rather Kirkland for $15 for the 5 qt. jug. (I like WPP better than the other Warren who supposedly makes HK.(now Providence). On a positive note RK had 38 Special ammo in stock at a good price.

If I had those results I’d move up to a 40-weight.
Oil is still in grade, but for 5k you have significant bearing wear, demonstrating the oil is too thin.

HK synthetic isn't the screaming bargain it once was...it was $4 a quart and $16.99 for the 5 qt. jug when I stopped in last week. I'd rather Kirkland for $15 for the 5 qt. jug. (I like WPP better than the other Warren who supposedly makes HK.(now Providence). On a positive note RK had 38 Special ammo in stock at a good price.
To each their own. I despise dealing with Wal Mart and their incompetence. My Rural King; staff is always helpful. I loaded up on lots of old HK synthetic and high Mike blend 5w20 and 5w30 too. Providence Syn is still way cheaper than ST synthetic also.

If I had those results I’d move up to a 40-weight.
Oil is still in grade, but for 5k you have significant bearing wear, demonstrating the oil is too thin.
I don’t think that’s a fair assessment. That 10ppm lead doesn’t show that the engine suffered of has significant bearing wear.

I wouldn’t worry about it unless you see sustained elevated lead levels across multiple UOAs.

That said, switching to a thicker viscosity isn’t a bad idea, especially for summer use when towing might be involved.

To each their own. I despise dealing with Wal Mart and their incompetence. My Rural King; staff is always helpful. I loaded up on lots of old HK synthetic and high Mike blend 5w20 and 5w30 too. Providence Syn is still way cheaper than ST synthetic also.
Oh to have a Rural King on the wet side in Washington!

Oh to have a Rural King on the wet side in Washington!
I like them cause their staff is very kind, helpful. At Wal Marts near me; I could be a handicap person and feel like a dead person before Wal Mart staff ask me if I need assistance. Same with groceries; I’ll tell support local Shop n’ Save and or local butcher.

Its true that ST syn. has gone up but Kirkland (Costco) is still $15 for the 5 qt. jug when you buy two. I also like RK but I think that WPP (who makes both ST and Kirkland) has shown better VOAs than Warren Unilube or Citgo (both have made RKs syns.)...plus I can get Kirkland in NY/NJ but I can only get RK while snow birding...

Its true that ST syn. has gone up but Kirkland (Costco) is still $15 for the 5 qt. jug when you buy two. I also like RK but I think that WPP (who makes both ST and Kirkland) has shown better VOAs than Warren Unilube or Citgo (both have made RKs syns.)...plus I can get Kirkland in NY/NJ but I can only get RK while snow birding...
Citgo doesn’t make RK oils now. I have clearance oil still, so Kirkland and WM oils are not a viable option

Back