Propane tank telemetry system

I’m not sure what you mean by “those wells”. It varies a lot by location and formation, yes everything you mention is commonly found including kerosene too. H2S is found in regions that were salt water bodies eons ago. If the hydrocarbons formed in fresh water, H2S is not found.
I meant generally and was keying in on "getting rid of propane", but you answered my questions - getting rid of currently not marketable by products, not just propane. Thanks.

So that’s what the plastic tab is for on the gauge. Lol.

I’ve never filled up in the summer with propane so I have no idea if the “summer fill” is really a thing.

Here is the plot it generated in the last month. Right now it’s for domestic hot water and the infloor heat. The heavy lifting is being done with the electric heat pump.

1F9689F1-2E36-4B42-84AF-0CBA8DC789EE.jpeg

We’re already there. The propane company owns the tank and doesn’t offer an option to sell the tank to the home owner. The tank rental is about $100 per year. On the 800 gallons I buy each year, it works out to 12.5 cents per gallon. There is one other propane supplier in the area, but has similar prices. The prices seem to be about 1/2 the price of regular gasoline.
You need to buy a propane tank. If you use propane for heat then the tank rental is free, if not then there is typically a rental fee. But on top of that the price per gallon is higher if the propane company owns the tank. And you cannot ship around. In my NY house I bought a propane tank and had the propane company set it up. And remove their tank. But that was just gas for cooking. In DE house I offered the propane an amount to buy the tank from them that was buried or would ask them to remove it. They sold me the tank

You need to buy a propane tank. If you use propane for heat then the tank rental is free, if not then there is typically a rental fee. But on top of that the price per gallon is higher if the propane company owns the tank.
Not that simple. Really need to do the math. Tanks here are not cheap and you OWN them. Means doing work.

We lease our tank. It's really cheap. They take care of everything. $50/year. They don't up charge the propane either, and if they do sure seems like the price is very close to everyone else in the area. I check!

The largest variable may be how long you are going to stay in the house. 5-7 more years for us. Buying a tank is not worth it. Just a large capital expense with no coming back. Add it to price of the house? Buyer assumes tank comes with.

But for you or anyone else, could be worth owning it. Just a different perspective.

You need to buy a propane tank. If you use propane for heat then the tank rental is free, if not then there is typically a rental fee. But on top of that the price per gallon is higher if the propane company owns the tank. And you cannot ship around. In my NY house I bought a propane tank and had the propane company set it up. And remove their tank. But that was just gas for cooking. In DE house I offered the propane an amount to buy the tank from them that was buried or would ask them to remove it. They sold me the tank
I did one better. Twelve years ago when I built the house I took the equivalent tank price and invested it in the S&P 500 when is was at 1400. It’s now at 5200. My gain was almost 4 x. The tank rental cost was a 1/4 of that. Nope, I don’t want to own a tank. :D

It may depend upon how much propane you use. If propane is just for cooking or fireplace or generator then propane company not making a lot on you and the rental or propane price per gallon may be higher.

We went with TankFarm. They are kind of a broker
and contract with local propane companies to deliver the propane. They attached the tank monitor to provide the propane level back to TankFarm. In February I paid $2.634/gallon.

We have a buried 500 gallon tank. Owned.

Back