Project: DuckHead Arm

There's a mod for the Harbor Freight tire changer that I've wanted to make for a while. I had the day off today and fiddled a little this afternoon. The link is a commercial unit sold on eBay for about $349. Pretty steep price if you ask me. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Manual-Tire-Changer-XL-Modified-Upgrade-Attachment-Duckhead-Mount-Kit/293119882846?hash=item443f4e765e:g:uEIAAOSwMytdwLbF I picked-up that duck head and a bag of replacement nylon scuff pads on eBay for under $30. It's pretty solid. Anyhow, I've changed a few sets of tires with the harbor-freight changer and figured this would be nice mod and fun project. I'll update the pics as it comes along.

P1020708.JPG

P1020709.JPG

P1020710.JPG

P1020711.JPG

P1020712.JPG

P1020713.JPG

P1020714.JPG

P1020715.JPG

Last edited:
Nice! Good choice on the metal duckhead, too, btw. The 100% nylon duckheads are nice, but they're bulky. A metal one with nylon inserts is the way to go, IMO, as they're much smaller. Comes in handy when doing low profile tires for sure.

Originally Posted by cpayne5
Nice! Good choice on the metal duckhead, too, btw. The 100% nylon duckheads are nice, but they're bulky. A metal one with nylon inserts is the way to go, IMO, as they're much smaller. Comes in handy when doing low profile tires for sure.
The metal ones seemed like a better choice at the grand price of $23 with the vinyl ones costing just a few dollars less. A snug and stubborn tire on a cold day seems like it would push vinyl to the limit.