PQIA tests eight more oils - 1/26/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: car51
Pbm: bottom of the bottles say WPP as I noted today so I am guessing Warren Performance Packaging out of Nebraska

So this is basically the same oil as Walmart ST 5w20 syn. which sells for $4.97 a quart...who'd of thought that AZ would underprice Wallyworld (although WM is cheaper if you buy the 5 qt jug for 17.47)

Won't find any Autozone oil around here anymore I guess. It was on clearance the same time as the other oils last month. It's been replaced with STP oil.

The SuperS SuperSyn - Full Synthetic SAE 0W-20 is certainly super thin. Caterham would be all over it. For you cold start challenged peeps in the GWN.

Thanks Tom.

I'm not sure why they tested AFE 0w20 again. They've yet to test Mobil 1 EP 0w20.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
The SuperS SuperSyn - Full Synthetic SAE 0W-20 is certainly super thin. Caterham would be all over it. For you cold start challenged peeps in the GWN.

I didn't notice it at first but you are right, very thin!

Wow...im SUPER impressed with the QSUD 5w30. I (mistakenly) always took it for a second rate syn.

Mobil 1 AFE also looking great...appears to be the best of the bunch tested imho.

Over here on coast we'd use that to lube the hood, door hinges etc...

All the past blather about a 20W not shearing out of grade(generally because they are all but a 30W anyway), I'll bet it's possible with SuperSyn..

No doubt, but understand it is just the counterweight to all the blather that engines will be destroyed. Shouldn't that have happened by now?

Originally Posted By: TFB1

Over here on coast we'd use that to lube the hood, door hinges etc...

All the past blather about a 20W not shearing out of grade (generally because they are all but a 30W anyway), I'll bet it's possible with SuperSyn..

The SuperS 0W-20 CCS @ -35°C is over 1,000 cp higher than the M1 0W-20 AFE. I'd rather use M1 0W-20 for cold starts.

Only place around me that sells Smitty's SuperS is Kmart. Guess I will need to stop by before they close that store too!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: buster
Thanks Tom.

I'm not sure why they tested AFE 0w20 again. They've yet to test Mobil 1 EP 0w20.

I was thinking the same thing. I went back and looked at the numbers from the 1st time they tested M1 AFE 0W-20. The numbers are very close to this latest test.

I too have wanting to see PQIA test M1 0W-20 EP. Just curious what the NOACK on the oil would be.

Keep up the good work Tom! Maybe you will get to M1 0W-20 EP next time!

Well, I called Mobil tech this afternoon to find out the pour point of M1 0w20 AFE is. Brian, the tech told me it is -41fahrenheit

Originally Posted By: pbm
Even the AZ 5w20 syn. looks very good...Boron, Zinc, Moly, Calcium and $3.99 a quart every day for a dexos rated syn.....Is it a WPP product or the other Warren from Dunn NC ?

Would you guys run this WPP synthetic (or the ST version) for 10K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back