PP or Magnatec

Was talking to aquariscsm and I personally like the Magnatec. The lady friends 2011 Chrysler 200 due for oil change. I have some of the Wal Mart clearance Magnatec.

if you folks had both PP 5w20 or 5w30 and Magnatec which would you choose?

I like the Castrol GTX Magnatec for break in and for older engines and as a top-up lube for noisy engines or fills.
I got the 0W20 in my Wife's Subaru - never tried that grade, just Castrol GTX Magnatec 5W20 that had a great UOA.

But for power and performance and fuel mileage I would go with Valvoline Advanced.
I experienced that as the best 5W30 you can get at Wal Mart now for PCMO.

I have to figure out what to put in my new Indian Ford when I change that oil somewhere at 2000-3000 miles in a couple months
I only have about 1000 on it now. Brandy new and breaking in well. Didn't beat it didnt rev it sky high, just normal driving.

- Ken

Me ? I'd use the Magnatec only because it's 5W-30. Yes, I know. I read all the posts on this forum. It's my preference and I sleep better at night and don't have bad dreams.

After a week of Magnatec,PPHM definitely for the win!! The Magnatec isn’t as “smooth” as the PPHM. Everything I’ve used PP or PPHM in just runs impeccably smooth and quiet. UOA’s are always flawless as well!! Pennzoil definitely has “something” in their formula that just seems to work.
Sell out

After a week of Magnatec,PPHM definitely for the win!! The Magnatec isn’t as “smooth” as the PPHM. Everything I’ve used PP or PPHM in just runs impeccably smooth and quiet. UOA’s are always flawless as well!! Pennzoil definitely has “something” in their formula that just seems to work.
So, now your using the ole “butt dyno” basically. What about engine cleanliness? Clean as tig1’s Fords🤔🤔😷

Back