Post your latest oil change

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Someone put 100k on this engine in three years. So odds are, the oil wasn't changed often. How bad did the oil look at 4.4K? Can you see down the oil cap?

"This new EP will clean the engine better than NAPA."
You should 'at least' monitor the looks & smell of the dipstick oil during the summer. This first run of EP (on an unknown engine) may need to be changed earlier than 10K. Glad that you mentioned using a good quality trap filter.

Quite the contrary... The CarFAX showed an immaculate maintenance record with oil changes performed religiously every 5,000 +/- miles. I would not have purchased this vehicle specifically had there not been such an extensive maintenance record available, given the mileage/year.
At 3,000 miles currently on this oil (didn't post my oil change at the time of the oil change so some time has elapsed since November 4th, 2019) it looks very clean still with "normal" odors and still has a nice golden hue to it. The M1 filter, I suspect, is fully capable of multiple 10k OCI's in this vehicle.

Unless it darkens surprisingly quick from here until 10,000, I do plan on leaving it in until 1 year has elapsed which will be Nov of 2020. I have a Napa UOA test kit so I will post those results.

Originally Posted by 1911CHAMPION
Someone put 100k on this engine in three years. So odds are, the oil wasn't changed often. How bad did the oil look at 4.4K? Can you see down the oil cap?

You should 'at least' monitor the looks & smell of the dipstick oil during the summer. This first run of EP (on an unknown engine) may need to be changed earlier than 10K. Glad that you mentioned using a good quality trap filter.

Quite the contrary... The CarFAX showed an immaculate maintenance record with oil changes performed religiously every 5,000 +/- miles. I would not have purchased this vehicle specifically had there not been such an extensive maintenance record available, given the mileage/year.
At 3,000 miles currently on this oil (didn't post my oil change at the time of the oil change so some time has elapsed since November 4th, 2019) it looks very clean still with "normal" odors and still has a nice golden hue to it. The M1 filter, I suspect, is fully capable of multiple 10k OCI's in this vehicle.

Unless it darkens surprisingly quick from here until 10,000, I do plan on leaving it in until 1 year has elapsed which will be Nov of 2020. I have a Napa UOA test kit so I will post those results.

You have the right to treat your engine - as you see fit. But somehow I firmly believe that-had you put the first 100K on this vehicle, the engine would not look this good

What's really unsubstantiated, is you offering ownership proof of a clean engine, that you purchase new and kept for 18+ years and over 250K.

"This new EP will clean the engine better than NAPA." span> .

You have the right to treat your engine - as you see fit. But somehow I firmly believe that-had you put the first 100K on this vehicle, the engine would not look this good

What's really unsubstantiated, is you offering ownership proof of a clean engine, that you purchase new and kept for 18+ years and over 250K.

I'll take some pics through the oil fill and then leave you to make that judgment...

I think TIG1 will highly disagree with you on that

Early 99 F250 7.3 Powerstroke
256,279 miles
Mobil Delvac 15W40, Napa Gold 1734
Baldwin PF 7698 fuel filter
Drain plug 27 ft lbs

2011 Chevy 1500 4.8 Vortec
203,300 miles
Castrol GTX 10W30, STP oil treatment, Donaldson filter
Drain plug 18 ft lbs

83 Silverado, rebuilt 305, first oil change
Out. Pennz dino 5w30
Pronto PO4631 filter,came with engine

In. Pennz dino 10w30
FRAM TG5

2004 Ford E-150, 245k, 5 k on oil 10k on Filter.
Out: Castrol Synblend 5w30/5w20 mix, K&N Filer.
In: Castrol Synblend 5W20, K&N Filter. (I still have 12 qts of synblend from AZ's $1 clearance in 2014).

Originally Posted by laserred96gt
In: Castrol Synblend 5W20, K&N Filter. (I still have 12 qts of synblend from AZ's $1 clearance in 2014).

Good oil choice sir
smile.gif

1/18/2020
2014 5.0L Mustang 45,919 miles
Out/Off Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w20 & Napa Gold 7502
In/On Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w20 & Napa Gold 7502
5 month 9151 mile OCI, OLM 8%

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Good oil choice sir
smile.gif

Thanks
Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Good oil choice sir
smile.gif

Thanks

2015 Chrysler 200 - 2.4l Multiar @ 104,755 miles

Out / off: PP 0w20 / Fram XG10060
In / on: Shell RGT 0w20 / Fram XG10060

Installed new Mopar PCV valve (normal maintenance interval of 100,000 miles)
Rotated tires

2013 CRV
Out : Mavis Tire 0w20, V4612 filter ? According to service receipt from previous owner . I am not sure that filter is the correct part #. Mavis also listed the vehicle as 2012 .

In : Honda 0w20, OEM filter (done at dealer)

Back