Post your best automotive related prank

Had a teenage friend who managed to turn the nozzles on his Toyota Celica (?) sideways so he could spray windshield washer fluid (he used water) on people that would walk up to his car. Or the people working the drive-thru at the fast food places.
My mother had a Jeep with a rear windshield washer. Not sure if it fell off on its own--or one of my teenaged brothers had a hand--but it would shoot washer fluid straight out and onto the hood of whatever car was behind the Jeep.

Rental car company forces customer to drop off @ inconvenient location even though another company store is nearby; remove start fuse and call rental company to tell them their car is disabled & where they can pick it up. Yes, I know someone who actually did this, I don't know the end result. lol

This is a secondhand story I heard from a couple guys in tech school, they had worked with some guy that was i guess less desirable to work with. He had an old chevy pickup that he had done an extensive amount of work to, rebuilt the engine etc. and he had just gotten it done and started driving it back and forth to work.

Every night before he left one of the other guys would sneak out to his truck and put a couple gallons of gas in it without him knowing.

The owner of the truck thought he was getting ridiculously good gas mileage and was telling the guys at work how good of mileage it was getting, the guys kept up the prank for awhile and then just stopped adding gas to it.

when the truck started getting worse fuel mileage/normal whatever the owner thought there was something wrong with it and started taking stuff apart trying to figure out what was wrong with it.

I don't think they ever let him in on the prank.

Johnny Carson used to tell the story of a guy who buys a VW during the oil embargo/ gas shortages. His neighbors got fed up with his bragging about his great gas mileage. So every night the would sneak over and add a gallon or two of gas. Soon he's bragging about 100 mpg. The next week, they start siphoning out a gallon or 2 every night. He ends up taking back to the dealer, " something's wrong with my car, I was getting the usual 100 mpg, then something happened.....

Back in high school, everyday 6 buses lined up single file on the street along side the school, an hour or so before school let out. Due to the Texas heat, the drivers never waited in the buses, they always got out and sat in an office inside the school to enjoy the cool AC. So, the buses stayed unoccupied for a short time. Someone noticed that Coke cans were exactly the same diameter as the exhaust pipe. Larry decided to jam a can up the tail pipe of the third bus. Then another, and another. The fourth and fifth cans also went in, but had to be pounded in. A sixth can would not go in at all.

We sat in the parking lot directly across the street, watching. Bus 1 and 2 loaded up and pulled away. Bus three loaded up, then cranked up, sounding different. The driver put it in gear, and attempted to pull away. The bus groaned with a muffled roar, and barely moved. You could see the perplexed, confounded expression on the drivers face. He gritted his teeth and floored the bus. The engine screamed. It struggled badly, then BAM!!! Five Coke cans shot out of the exhaust like a rocket. They blasted into the front of bus #4. We sat in our cars laughing hysterically. Oh the good ole days...

My coworker bought an Aurca MDX that was recently turned in from lease. I joked with another coworker that we should take 1/2 quart of oil and pour on the ground under his front bumper. And put some on the bottom of his engine so it looks like it is dripping out. The guy is very observant and the way he parks it would be very obvious when he walks out of the building.

If only it wasn't so environmentally unfriendly...

Use black coffee

Rental car company forces customer to drop off @ inconvenient location even though another company store is nearby; remove start fuse and call rental company to tell them their car is disabled & where they can pick it up. Yes, I know someone who actually did this, I don't know the end result. lol

Seems like it would be better to blow the fuse somehow and then reinstall it so they can't blame you for taking it out.

My friends wired my horn to my brakes at my wedding. Fortunately I had a pocket knife and cut the wire before driving off.

Not my prank, but there was a legendary "senior prank" at my old high school where in the late 70's or early 80's they partially disassembled a VW Bug of a certain teacher and got it up to the roof and reassembled it!
I've heard the exact story years ago... you from long Island?

My friend had a car that he was looking at and we started it and he told me to wait in it. So it was something we had to keep starting and shutting it off for and so every time he told me to start it I over started it and he thought their was something majorly wrong with it. And I was in the car silently laughing as best I could so he went out and bought a starter and ignition and installed it and I started it and done the same thing then told him how it was a prank and he died laughing too saying he was going to pay me back one day. That day hasn’t happened yet so I am waiting lol. I know it’s not as good as others have done but I couldn’t help myself to do it.

It was sort of a nasty thing to do, but at one good friend's wedding, we rubbed Limburger cheese on the top of his catalytic converter along with decorating his car. Unbeknown to us they were driving that car to California on their honeymoon and it stank most of the whole way.

At another friend's wedding, someone got a bucket of paper punchings from a local printer (like from the holes in 3-ring binder paper) and we dumped them down the defrost vents. That car would randomly spit them out when the heater was on for years.

My story is about 2 really good friends of mine in our early twenties. This is more like a prank war. One friend had a old cj 5 jeep and the other had an f150. It started when f150 found a dead run over squirrel, and hung it from the rear view mirror of the jeep. In retaliation jeep put 2 or 3 cans of opened cat food under the seats of f150 when he was out of town for a few days mind you that this occurred in dfw in august so the smell was pretty bad. When f150 came back he was annoyed, so he then filled the jeep with week old lawn clippings that had been "fermenting" for a week in black plastic bags. I mean he filled it, I think to right below the dash and the jeep had the hadtop on soo you can imagine the smell and mess. Thats where it ended both called a truce but I couldnt stop laughing, I still get a chuckle or 2 thinking about it today.

Not really a prank but the hose for the rear window washer on my old Jeep Cherokee deteriorated, cracked, and fell off. This caused the windshield washer fluid to squirt straight back instead of on the window. Was driving with my wife on the NJ Turnpike and some lady in a Cadillac was tailgating me. Told my wife I'm going to let her have it and turned on the rear squirter. Wasn't sure if I was successful but about 5 minutes later she got ahead of me and turned on her front windshield washers in an attempt to return fire. That was funny.

I can't take credit for this one, but it's pretty funny. My brother sent this to me. He found it on the internet.
IMG_8938(1).jpg

We parked the Battalion Commander's VW Rabbit INSIDE the O Club and had the MPs come over and haul him off for parking his car inside the building.

He was good natured, so a good time was had by all.

Back