Porsche AG Tests Evolve Lubricants, Inc. Renewable EvoSyn™ Non-Petroleum Motor Oil

Last edited by a moderator:
Mobil 1 might get jealous! They've had a pretty long standing relationship with Porsche. Probably afraid they're going to get dumped for the younger, more exciting motor oil with nice cans (or bottles).

Anything " renewable".... Is going to be expensive like 95 plus percent of the time. And in a lot of cases extremely expensive.

Interesting paper on the Porsche study.

Also, 12 quarts of 0w20 - $234. (84% renewable baseoil).
So it's basically A40/C40 (based on the test doc). Odd (or perhaps I should say suspicious) that they only did the oxidation test against 4cSt PAO and Group III:
Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 1.06.20 PM.jpg

Their chart above lists Novvi base oil on the bottom. We are familiar with Novvi and they make excellent products. In my experience they are a net gain when you use them appropriately. I see your point on the HTHS but honestly don’t have the direct experience to offer you valid input. Sorry for that but I don’t want to insert opinion without something to back it up.

David

Ahhh, OK, yes, we've discussed the NOVVI base oils before I think on here?

They post this chart:
Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 3.47.37 PM.jpg

Nice low Noack. They appear to have three different base oils:

1. The 4cSt stuff:
Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 3.49.27 PM.jpg

2. The 9cSt stuff:
Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 3.50.13 PM.jpg

3. The EL series 5.4cSt stuff:
Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 3.51.35 PM.jpg

Oddly, they do not list Noack, despite showing it in that earlier image 🤷‍♂️

For comparison, here's Mobil's Esterex NP343, which is a 4.3cSt Polyol ester base:
Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 3.55.36 PM.jpg

I'm remembering more of the conversations I had about the SSBOs a while back. This may not be that surprising.

Here's the specs for SynNova 4 SSBO.

SynNova 4 SSBO Specifications.jpeg

Here it is compared to SpectraSyn 4 (PAO) and Yubase 4 Plus (Group III+) base oils.

SynNova 4 vs SpectraSyn 4 vs Yubase 4 Plus.jpeg

Back