Pollution from car tires is killing off salmon on US west coast, study finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe not a tyre tax, but a tax on certain types of cars... EVs use more tyres, full size pick ups etc, hypercars etc... this is what's being whispered through the euro grapevines for a while now and is one of the reasons tax exemptions for EV is being questioned. It doesn't make sense to tax a safety item like tyres themselves as you want people to change them in due time

maybe not a tyre tax, but a tax on certain types of cars... EVs use more tyres, full size pick ups etc, hypercars etc... this is what's being whispered through the euro grapevines for a while now and is one of the reasons tax exemptions for EV is being questioned. It doesn't make sense to tax a safety item like tyres themselves as you want people to change them in due time
I wonder if that would end up being a double-edged sword. You either pay a higher tax for a non-exempt tire or pay more for a manufacture’s “premium” tax-exempt offering. I wonder how they’ll handle used tires.

I wonder if that would end up being a double-edged sword. You either pay a higher tax for a non-exempt tire or pay more for a manufacture’s “premium” tax-exempt offering. I wonder how they’ll handle used tires.
The crooks will find a way to pull a raid on your wallet. Politicians and ambulance chasers (and a few others) will need to be screwed into the ground when they die so they don't pop back up.

But yet we never see it??????? I've always wondered where the tire dust went. You never see it anywhere. The only rubber I've seen is at race tracks.

Sticks to all the cars driving through it just like when a car gets dust covered after driving down dirt roads a bunch.

The rear end and the lower unibody rail under the doors of my bright white EV (no emissions and very little brake dust) are covered in what has the consistency of black diesel soot not long after a car wash.

Like someone above said glad they figured out the problem so the tire manufacturers can hopefully find something less toxic.

This is so true and they won't be able to ignore the loss of tax revenue on EV's for much longer especially given the state of finances due to covid. Brake dust should be controllable with regenerative braking but I don't see an answer for the increase in tyre particulates that EV's will bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back