Polaris Sportsman 700 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody out there with a Polaris Sportsman 700 carb(pre-efi) model. I went to install a dyno-jet kit in it yesterday, since it has a K/N filter and Aean exhaust and took the carb out so I could put new jets in and when I went to hook it back up, I have a extra conection on the carb, on the top of the carb are two vent or vacuum lines, one on each side of the slide, the one line is a vent and goes up the air induction for the belt drive, but the other one, on the right(shifter side) what goes on that, I cant find any extra lines, I am thinking there was a plug on it and it fell down in a nook. I started the quad up, it runs and idles, I stuck my thumb over the hole and I left it open and it made no difference, is this a vent line or a vacuum line, could someone please take a peak and see what is on yours, that has one of these, I cant find it anywhere online

I have the 700, but of course don't have it near me right now.
From memory, I believe there is a rubber cap over the line you describe.

Yo Panzerman:

Have you tried to find a .PDF for an owner's manual or shop manual for that machine? I have a couple Arctic Cats and I found an actual shop manual on line. Very detailed and thorough like a shop manual should be.

I called the Polaris shop today and he said both are vents, the one is usually capped, but alot of people run a line off it and tie into the other vent line with a T, so I may go that route, check yours out if you get a chance 47HO and Pm me, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back