Please talk sense into me, thinking about a Honda GL1000 project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at that sites parts listing, most are unavailable like I said earlier. You'd have to hopefully recondition what you have. Not that many were actually made in those years ,so by this point in time parts are getting scarce. OP said he's gonna look for something else anyway.,,,

Don't be fooled by that. I don't know why they do it, but watch for the "sign in to see price". Until and unless you have an account, some parts just won't show up as available. Once you sign in and add an item to your cart, somehow they magically find some (not all) items in Japan somewhere.
I had it happen several times when I redid my 1982 KZ550-c. All rubber parts were available. I'll be honest though, this will not be a money making proposition, it will be a hobby project, but a RELATIVELY low cost one.

As someone else mentioned, it depends on exactly what you get in the box. I say that if it's all there, and not a pile of rust, I'd do it.

Called to go pick it up, someone beat me to it.

download.jpeg

FYI I saw an ad for a used Barrett 50 caliber semi auto at a fair price i pondered for about 15 minutes on how I really wanted one. I realized it would have been stupid. Then I was thinking about buying a Suzuki1000 GSXR in 2017 and my friend who owned the bike shop said soon the new model will have variable cam timing or something great . That passed. in 2015 I saw a Hellcat Challenger at the dealer when i bought my pickup but the dealer wouldn't budge on the price so i didn't buy it. A guy in the neighbor hood has one and the last time We went for a ride which was great I had a huge smile, my wife asked are you going to buy one . I said no .

If people always waited for the next model with "improvements" then they'd never buy anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back