Plan Going Forward with a 2015 F250 6.7 PSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BrianF
I agree with Garak on that. So CK4, which is supposed to supersede CJ4 and be superior in every way, somehow is kryptonite to the 6.7???? Surely not!!!! Mind you I should watch my mouth as I am running around with a 30 weight in my Cummins......

Yep, my buddy has the dealership put Delvac 1 in a 2017 PSD … the service manager crows and the technicians grin and just do it … he’s got tons of HD equipment/vehicles and likes to buy one HDEO oil for it all …
(Except AMG & Shelby on M1) …

Mind you I should watch my mouth as I am running around with a 30 weight in my Cummins......

There are more than a few of us with 30 weight in our PSD's, severe service.... WTHeck is that?

DELO_1GAL_400%20SD_15w30_Severe%20Duty.jpg

Last edited:
Surely not!!!! Mind you I should watch my mouth as I am running around with a 30 weight in my Cummins......

My 5w-30 has the Cummins approval, too.
wink.gif

4WD: If Ford made up their mind as to whether or not they want to enforce a builder approval, they'd avoid a lot of hand wringing.

I went with valvoline pbe 5w40 for now. 20 dollars a gallon on Amazon. Not a great price but good enough

Well, I drained the DelVac 1300(Ford blacklisted) from the 6.7 and put it in the tractor. 6.7 got 12 qts of Rotella T5 semi-syn I found on sale at Wally World for $13/gal, so I guess I am OK w/ the Ford gods. My wife thinks I need counsiling
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Cedarshark
Is there enough synthetic in a semi-synthetic to help with fuel dilution?
How does syn oil help with fuel dilution?

Is there enough synthetic in a semi-synthetic to help with fuel dilution?

T5 is a great choice. I don't think it will have any problems with dilution. Do a uoa after
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: claluja
Like said above, replace fuel filters every couple oil changes. Get your fuel at places with high diesel turnover. Fuel and fuel filters are the most important thing with that truck, like others have said.

If it's stock, I'd use synthetic oil because 2-4% fuel dilution is not unusual with that engine. Synthetic handles fuel dilution better than dino. If you go dino, stick with 15w40 for the same reason.

If you do UOAs, don't use Blackstone if you want an accurate fuel dilution value.

This is why I thought synthetic may assist w/ fuel dilution. Is this incorrect?

Like said above, replace fuel filters every couple oil changes. Get your fuel at places with high diesel turnover. Fuel and fuel filters are the most important thing with that truck, like others have said.

If it's stock, I'd use synthetic oil because 2-4% fuel dilution is not unusual with that engine. Synthetic handles fuel dilution better than dino. If you go dino, stick with 15w40 for the same reason.

If you do UOAs, don't use Blackstone if you want an accurate fuel dilution value.

You are correct. Do a little research on it and you will confirm. Synthetic is better able to handle fuel dilution.

For example:

http://www.dieselhub.com/maintenance/fuel-dilution.html

Fyi, my 6.7 experiences some fuel dilution in the 3-4% range. See link:

www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4711386/2014_F250_6.7L,_Amsoil_SS_5w40#Post4711386

Last edited:

You are correct. Do a little research on it and you will confirm. Synthetic is better able to handle fuel dilution.

For example:

www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4711386/2014_F250_6.7L,_Amsoil_SS_5w40#Post4711386

For example:

Good info on fuel dilution and its effect on engine oil. Thanks for the link. I see your point regarding Blackstone under estimating the dilution percentage in your sample. This Is a little disturbing to me as I plan to have an analysis done at the end of this oci with Rotella T5.

For example:

For example:

Good info on fuel dilution and its effect on engine oil. Thanks for the link. I see your point regarding Blackstone under estimating the dilution percentage in your sample. This Is a little disturbing to me as I plan to have an analysis done at the end of this oci with Rotella T5.

If you change your oil on time, you should have no issues regardless of what approved oil you use. My point on commenting on fuel dilution on these engines (when stock) is so that you know about the issue and don't push your OCIs too many miles. I wouldn't worry too much about it, just be aware of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back