Pictures of a oil hoarder??? moving his stash across country

Did you get them really cheap near free? why do you hoard so many?
It is all real quality oil for specific purposes. I have two F350s with gas engines that tow under heavy loads. I change the oil every 2500-3000 miles. The Mobil 1 annual is for my Wife, she does not drive her RDX much. The Euro oil is for my Mercedes and our boat anchor BMW. I typically have six-nine vehicles at any given time.

Prior to SLC I lived in Pillow, PA (population 250). Wal-mart was only place for oil, and often out of what I needed. Driving 50 miles to an auto part store to pay at the time $40+ for high end oil was a killer on time and the pocket book with six-nine vehicles. I average about $2 a quart for high end oil.

Just finished boxing up the Klondike Euro oil from Belgium. This will ride in the trailer.

PXL_20210620_022052909.jpg

i like a guy like you. imagine if the police or some other agency raids and sees this. what would they think.

Gotta ask.. is it worth having all this oil? Lol.

You could very well have some leaks well before you get to use it. Been there. Done that. Got the shirt.

I’d personally sell it for $5-10 a jug and be done with it.

Some people collect fine wine, some people collect oil. I see nothing wrong.

However, I have suppressed my inner urge to stock up on oil filters and engine oil and limit to last 2 years for our four vehicles once current stock is used up (have 4 year supply) since Kirkland/ST oils are readily available at low price. Due to COVID, haven't been driving as much as a family, but this should change as people are getting vaccinated and things may be returning to the new normal.

Moving my stash across country. Attached are pictures of the move. I was able to load about 70 percent. The other 30 percent will go on the trailer in small, individual boxes.

Three layers, using a waterproof box 48x40 by I don't know how tall. The key to all of this was making a cardboard floor between layers. I may have some Pentosin leeching, the oil was bottled in Germany... not sure where the containers were made.
Man, I have like 290 quarts as of right now. I’m not worthy 🤣🤣🤣👍👍

It is all real quality oil for specific purposes. I have two F350s with gas engines that tow under heavy loads. I change the oil every 2500-3000 miles. The Mobil 1 annual is for my Wife, she does not drive her RDX much. The Euro oil is for my Mercedes and our boat anchor BMW. I typically have six-nine vehicles at any given time.

Prior to SLC I lived in Pillow, PA (population 250). Wal-mart was only place for oil, and often out of what I needed. Driving 50 miles to an auto part store to pay at the time $40+ for high end oil was a killer on time and the pocket book with six-nine vehicles. I average about $2 a quart for high end oil.
Can't you get free shipping from Walmart over $35? That's also a lot of vehicles for 2 people.

I've got 3-4 5-quart bottles with a 1/2 to 1 quart left in them (3 cars that take 4, 4.25, and 4.5 quarts) and it drives me crazy ! Only way to get rid of it is to buy 1-quart bottles to use along with the remainder but my wallet won't allow me to pay $5-6/quart.

Can't you get free shipping from Walmart over $35? That's also a lot of vehicles for 2 people.
When I lived in Pillow Walmart hadn't been doing much e-commerce.

They key is I don't have to to think when I want to change oil. I am always good to go. Kind of like having a fuel tank that is always full.

I am assuming you get a moving allowance-since you work as a contractor. I have a friend who worked for one of the big defense contractors--they moved him all over the country at their expense. Since they basically "worked" for the military-it was the tax payers who paid for his moves. His wife had the privilege of keeping every doll, teddy bear (among other toys), etc., their kids had growing. up to pass along to their grandchildren-because they didn't have to pay for the moves.

If this is indeed the case for you-your welcome for using tax payers money to move oil.

Back