pics of 177k mi top end- Kendall 5w20 synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same engine with 173k on it; I've used a variety of dino oils but nothing less then Penzoil, Mobil 5000 or Castrol GTX or Castrol HighMilage and all 5w-20; and the result is the same if not even better;

the engine and overall the car is in solid shape though I changed oil pretty much each time around 3k; in my case testimony to maintaining clean engine is an interval rather to a brand name

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Linctex
There's a WHOLE LOTTA old wive's tales being passed down in this thread.......

yeah.... I don't know what I was expecting, but this surely wasn't it.

Originally Posted By: miden851
I have the same engine with 173k on it; I've used a variety of dino oils but nothing less then Penzoil, Mobil 5000 or Castrol GTX or Castrol HighMilage and all 5w-20; and the result is the same if not even better;

the engine and overall the car is in solid shape though I changed oil pretty much each time around 3k; in my case testimony to maintaining clean engine is an interval rather to a brand name

Is your GT a hatchback?

Originally Posted By: miden851
I only wish, hatchbacks are so rare...

I wanted black so badly, but just couldn't find one that was hatch.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I am in the one oil camp as well. Changing brands with different additive packages may or may not be counterproductive but there is something to be said when someone sticks to one brand and then shows pics of the engines interior. Tig1 has many times linked to pictures of engines running exclusively on M1 and they look spotless. That is a testimony to that oil.

Yeah----Tig's valve cover gaskets have a habit of leaking every so often.............
Steve

We can trade LOL; I get the hatch and you get the color!

My plan is to keep it to 220-250K

Originally Posted By: steve20
Originally Posted By: PimTac
I am in the one oil camp as well. Changing brands with different additive packages may or may not be counterproductive but there is something to be said when someone sticks to one brand and then shows pics of the engines interior. Tig1 has many times linked to pictures of engines running exclusively on M1 and they look spotless. That is a testimony to that oil.

Yeah----Tig's valve cover gaskets have a habit of leaking every so often.............
Steve

For the first time I changed the VC on the 2007 Fusion at 195K. Frankly I wouldn't be satisfied with the varnish on the OP's cyl head. I had no varnish at all on my 2.3 Duratech at 195K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back