Photo of our "daily drivers"

20230713_105358.jpg

We rode to a park with our grandchildren. The black Bianchi Grizzly with the pink tires is an '87, bought used in '91. The white Rocky Mountain Fusion is an '02. Purchased in September 2002 for $650 from a camp that buys new, uses them for the summer, and then sells them off at the end of the summer. I'd say both have aged better than the Windstar/Freestar in the background.

The purple/mauve bike was being thrown out, and the little green bike was $15 just a couple of months ago.

The Thule bike trailer was also used. $400, but has served us well for about 5 years now.

View attachment 166800
We rode to a park with our grandchildren. The black Bianchi Grizzly with the pink tires is an '87, bought used in '91. The white Rocky Mountain Fusion is an '02. Purchased in September 2002 for $650 from a camp that buys new, uses them for the summer, and then sells them off at the end of the summer. I'd say both have aged better than the Windstar/Freestar in the background.

The purple/mauve bike was being thrown out, and the little green bike was $15 just a couple of months ago.

The Thule bike trailer was also used. $400, but has served us well for about 5 years now.
Is that a Sears or Montgomery Ward kit house in the background? Looks like it.

Here is mine "Specialized e-bike" (Peddle assist.)
One of first summer rides this year....
Near the shores of Utah Lake.

Attachments

• PXL_20230429_201317421.jpg
    PXL_20230429_201317421.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 9
@loneryder, good question. That particular park is on a peninsula formed by an oxbow in the Red River. It's now a prestigious and quite expensive area, but may not have been back when the homes were built.

All that to say, any new construction or renovation there now is very high-end, but a kit house back in the day is quite possible.

Here is mine "Specialized e-bike" (Peddle assist.)
One of first summer rides this year....
Near the shores of Utah Lake.
Very nice! That shot reminds me of our time in Colorado last month.

A year or two ago I helped a friend install an aftermarket kit to convert his wife's bike to pedal assist. She loves it.

Reactions: CKN
My 2016 Emonda SL, love the bike though I would like disc brakes on my next road bike as I get heavier with age 😂
DSCF2693.jpeg

2021 Fuel EX, this one is fun too especially considering it’s got “too much travel” for local trails

DSCF2691.jpeg

Back