PETRONAS Syntium 3000 AV 5W-40 vs Selenia MULTIPOWER GAS 5W-40

Do you refer to the lower TBN of the Petronas oil? What about the rest of their specs?
I suspect TBN is irrelevant due to the low levels of Sulphur in natural gas. What does our country allow? The rest of the spec's don't matter. Both oils are ACEA C3. The Petronas is probably newer formulation because it also meets API SP of which I would question it's relevancy for your engine. Natural gas is a cleaner fuel compared to petrol/diesel.

I suspect TBN is irrelevant due to the low levels of Sulphur in natural gas. What does our country allow?
Allow regarding what? Oils or fuels? I guess though that the matter is purely technical. The question is what's best for the enigne. I don't think that there are any regulations that introduce specific restrictions.

The Petronas is probably newer formulation because it also meets API SP of which I would question it's relevancy for your engine.
As far as I know API SP is backwards compatible with SM.

Maybe check with Toto Wolfe

If he is reading this thread I would appreciate his input!

Allow regarding what? Oils or fuels? I guess though that the matter is purely technical. The question is what's best for the enigne. I don't think that there are any regulations that introduce specific restrictions.

As far as I know API SP is backwards compatible with SM.

If he is reading this thread I would appreciate his input!
How much sulphur is in your natural gas? I suspect it's lower or as low as the amount of sulphur allowed in your petrol/diesel. High sulphur fuels require high oils with a high TBN.

Back