Perrin foam air filters

Perrin claims foam filters are superior. How do you guys feel about that? Are oiled foam filters superior in all aspects? How well do they filter in comparison to a paper filter?

Perrin claims foam filters are superior. How do you guys feel about that? Are oiled foam filters superior in all aspects? How well do they filter in comparison to a paper filter?
Superior how exactly? I would ask them that it, and the data backing their claim.

Spoon racing, comptech, weapon r and hks used foam filters I always had a liking for them especially that throaty induction sound. But wouldn't say they're superior.

I used to use Uni and HKS filters. Always with BelRay or Maxxis filter oil. The HKS I would run the 3 layer "dry" filter with oil. I cannot say I ever had anything tell me they didnt filter. UOAs were good and intake tube inspection never found any dust or grime. I will say they are definitely louder filters.

Normally for a typical cone filter I use AEM dryflow or the AFE dry filter for aftermarket filter solutions.

Back