Penz Plat 5w30, 3000 miles, 2005 F150 5.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Blackstone's comments, everything looks fine with my engine. I had a UOA done, not to see how my oil is holding up (as in wanting to do extended OCI's), but rather to see if there are any problems with my motor. BTW, I'm now back to using Motorcraft 5w20 semi-syn.

Any comments about my UOA??

UOA9-17-07.jpg

Well it's definately within spec >365 but compared to my 5000 mile oil with Mobil 1 I got a 395 versus your 380 for your engine with PP at 3000 miles. You might have very little fuel dilution but I wouldn't worry about it at this point because all wear numbers are excellent.

Quote:

Did ya see a fuel milage difference between the PP 5-30 and the MC 5-20? I have a 5.4 that I ran PP 5-20 for 5k miles and didn't see any difference..

No I didn't see a difference... But fuel economy for me has been skewed. My a/c compressor has been making a whining noise for the past 6000 miles. At first, the dealer would replace it, they said it was "normal". It finally got so loud and anyoying that I recently took it in again. This time they replaced the entire compressor assembly. On my 2 tanks of fuel since then, I've been averaging more than 2 MPG better than before. So I think that my bad compressor was causing excessive drag on the motor, resulting in lower fuel economy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back