Pennzoil 15w-40 Long Life Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone no anything about this oil.
I have not seen much discussion on this thread or DTR about it. I've looked under the Pennzoil Product guide and can't even tell if it's synthetic or dino.

thanks

My good mate Ron in Melbourne (Victoria not Florida) moving all his gasoline/diesel clients to 15W40 Long Life and gas fueled vehicles (mainly forklifts but a few taxi's) to Pennzoil 15W40 Gas Engine oil after Timken testing and in vehicle testing. Previously Fuchs across the board. Adds Auto-Rx maintenance dose and some ROIL Gold and getting excellent results.

I like the pennz longlife and the Delo 400 oils. They are the better of the heavy duty oils due to the very good base stocks.

OMG!!!! A pennzoil longlife thread, and jelly is nowhere to be found. He didn't die or anything did he? Seems to me, delvac 1300S looks as good as delo 400.
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by sbc350gearhead:
OMG!!!! A pennzoil longlife thread, and jelly is nowhere to be found. He didn't die or anything did he? Seems to me, delvac 1300S looks as good as delo 400.
dunno.gif

The elegantly understated black Delvac container looks much better than the tacky blue Delo container.

Most of the HDEO's are a mixture of group I and II basestocks. Pennzoil is 100% group II(Purebase). It also uses that patented Pennstar VI (jury is still out on this one). The VOA on Long Life looks very good. I guess I don't have any reason not to like it, yet.

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:
The elegantly understated black Delvac container looks much better than the tacky blue Delo container.

But the Delvac container doesn't have a translucent strip to gauge the remaining oil.

quote:

Originally posted by DavoNF:
Pennzoil Long life 15W-40 flash point 205 C
Delo 400 15W-40 flash point 230 C

Dave

Delvac 15W-40 is also 230C, even if it deosn't have a translucent level strip.

Man, I can't stand it when there's no translucent strip. I alwasy refill my bottles with the old oil and it's a pain without the strip.

yay Delo. here in AZ, I have never seen Pennz LL. But it's a good looking oil. It's like Redline in dino format at good prices.

Been using it in my '91 420SEL for about three years. An old favorite for Mercedes Diesel owners. Compares to Delo 400, sometimes cheaper when on sale. Works great in gas engines, motorcycles, etc.!

Run a search on the gas engine oil board, you'll find quite a few threads mentioning this oil.
patriot.gif

Cheers!
cheers.gif

quote:

Pennzoil Long life 15W-40 flash point 205 C
Delo 400 15W-40 flash point 230 C

Big difference.

Just thought I'd point this out.

Dave

I just noticed the flashpoint for all of the Long Life oils(10W-30, 15W-40, 30, 40, and 50wt.) is a minimum of 205C. This is unusual that they are all the same. It looks as if the oils are only tested to 205C to insure the flashpoint is greater than 205C?

That big difference may not be that big.
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back