PayPal... a new version of math?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received $75.00 through Paypal, and Paypal took $3.23, leaving me with $71.77.

Paypal states that they charge 2.9%, plus .30 per transaction.

2.9% of $75.00 is $2.18, plus 30 cents equals $2.48.

$3.23 does not equal $2.48.

Can anyone outside of Paypal explain this? I've sent them an email about this, but I honestly don't expect any sort of an intelligent answer from them.

Was it by any chance an international sale? 3.9% plus $0.30 transaction fee.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dwcopple
why aren't you asking them this instead of a bunch of oil nuts?

He said he did.

I'm not sure OP, that is definitely odd. Should (hopefully) be an easy correction on their part.

IIRC the fees can also vary based on the type of account you both have, and the "type" of money transfer. For "services" there is no fee, but for goods there is...but I could be wrong about that.

Why don't you send PayPal customer service a note and ask for clarification?

Better yet you can call them at 402-935-7733 save this number. I received this a long long time ago. They don't give out their number. But this is their customer service number.

Paypal does shady things like this all time...

If this is related to Ebay , ebay has taken out something from you as well for listing maybe. and they will also take out a % of total ( before paypal deduction so they take more ) at end of month.

your more than welcome to argue with them , but they are shady. I wouldnt even call them unless its atlease 5 dollars on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back