PXL_20220911_014129061.jpg

PXL_20220911_014108295.jpg

PXL_20220911_014518451.jpg

PXL_20220911_014848115.jpg

PXL_20220911_014943862.jpg

PXL_20220911_014427955.jpg

PXL_20220911_011325279.jpg

PXL_20220911_011348265.jpg

I lost a very good friend, first responder, in May 2019 from cancer he contracted from the airborne dust.
I attended a lecture by an emergency doc from NYC. This was in Chicago just a month later.

He said that the lower half of the first tower had been built with asbestos, and that he and all other medical personnel worried about the long-term consequences. I wonder how he is, 21 years later.

I lost a school friend on that terrible day. For those of you who are religious please say a prayer for him, for those who are not please know he was a good person and think good thoughts.

talking about where we were on the day w/ my Girl today....
I had just gotten off work, listening to the radio, sending happy birthday wishes to my HS friend Sara via ICQ (it was her 20th birthday), one of the radio hosts said something about a plane flying into the towers, flipped on the TV to one of the news channels, LITERALLY JUST in time to see the second plane hit...

She was in 7th grade, in computer class, and while the teachers rolled in the TV carts, she didn't comprehend what was going on until the towers started coming down...
her dad came home early from the Honda factory, Convinced he needed to head to NYC to help out (local/rural Vol. EMT) . Her mom talked him down, "you'll probably not even make it there, get caught in traffic from every other Responder from around the country heading in..."

I'm sure there are many folks with similar stories...

Brings back a lot bad memories. For those not aware, first responders are still dying from the events of the day. Knew a few of them.
yep... Jon Stewart, love him or hate him ( I love him) has been a relentless advocate for 9/11 first responders health benefits...

2019 congressional hearing on funding the 9/11 Victims fund:

yep... Jon Stewart, love him or hate him ( I love him) has been a relentless advocate for 9/11 first responders health benefits...

2019 congressional hearing on funding the 9/11 Victims fund:

Ii's sad that Jon Stewart and NYPD Detective Alvarez (who died from 9/11 cancer a few days later) had to go to DC to beg for continued funding for health care for 9/11 cops, firemen and EMT's.

I attended a lecture by an emergency doc from NYC. This was in Chicago just a month later.

He said that the lower half of the first tower had been built with asbestos, and that he and all other medical personnel worried about the long-term consequences. I wonder how he is, 21 years later.
Pulverized gypsum board, asbestos and non asbestos SFRM, office furniture/paperwork/computers, steel/glass/fiberglass/stone all showered across Manhattan

To this day there's occasional posts of people finding remnants in building renovations or jammed into crevices

...it's a miracle any of them are still living 😕

While I count myself fortunate that I didn't lose anyone immediately, most of my family was sent running over the Brooklyn bridge, or by ferry over to Jersey City

My father drove car service (in the trusty '96 CVPI) and was running doctors/nurses around to the ferry terminal and what's now RUMC on the assumption that they were gonna have a mad rush of people into the hospitals

That crowd never came...

I was fairly young, but I do remember mom pulling us out of school because they were going into lockdown

So many funerals I went to 😢

Last edited:
Thanks to all who reacted to this thread in a positive manner and a special thanks to those who sent PMs with words of inspiration regarding that day……
My intent was not to personalize this tragedy, but to continue to call attention to this horrific event that still, today is claiming lives of those who responded and remained at this site and who continue to suffer the effects of what happened that day……
I personally worked with 3 Guys and Gals who passed away that day when the Towers fell and of the 5 people in my Unit that I was with after the initial incident that day, 3 have passed due to illness attributed to being down there that day…….
”There but for the Grace of God go I……..”

Stay healthy, stay Safe and Kiss your loved ones………..Never Forget!
God Bless America!

Back