9/11…..Never Forget

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was driving to the office when I first heard about it on the radio and immediately thought it was some small aircraft heading to Teterboro in fog or whatever. Got in and my Admin was watching TV in the conference room then the info started to pour in and the second aircraft hit. I was newly married and my Wife was at Logan sitting on the taxiway off to Austin IIRC, but both of us took frequent West Coast flights. We finally made contact and she and the guy she was traveling with, a work friend of both of us, got off the airplane and he wanted to find a tv so they went to a bar where they sat and watched until the towers fell. He lost several relatives at Cantor Fitzgerald.

I was driving to work. Seems like it was this very AM. Very vivid.
Me too. They called out the first crash on the radio as a small plane, then when the 2nd one hit they started saying it was definitely a terrorist attack.

This is the final time I can remember that the local Austin paper produced a second edition for the afternoon because of the news. That used to be a common thing back in the day when big news hit.

Me too. They called out the first crash on the radio as a small plane, then when the 2nd one hit they started saying it was definitely a terrorist attack.

This is the final time I can remember that the local Austin paper produced a second edition for the afternoon because of the news. That used to be a common thing back in the day when big news hit.
My youngest was born 4.5 years before that and it's pretty vivid, warm, honey like memory, but still.

9/11 is like a block of vivid ice in my brain that will never melt.

I was in welding class when the towers fell. I was cutting some 3/4 inch steel plate with a cutting torch.

"A cutting torch diverts the oxygen and mixes part of it with the fuel gas to create the preheat flame, forming the ring of flame around the cutting tip. This preheat flame will reach a temperature of 4400°F to 6000°F, depending on the fuel gas used as well as the ratio of oxygen to fuel gas."

LINK

That's a hint for you people who are not awake yet.

100_0036.JPG

100_0037.JPG

These girders are from the WTC, on display at the International Peace Garden on the Manitoba/North Dakota border. These photos are from 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back