Other synthetic engine oils that avoid API certification...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot to add Redline Oil and Synergyn - based in OK, which are two of the best known, high end PAO/Ester synthetics ....

When I first came to the forum not a person had heard of Synergyn we around here have used for years. I could not generate any interest in topics on the oils or additive they offer,,now that low vi oils are becoming more of a norm I see more interest in this great oil made in Oklahoma
cheers.gif

I hope they pick up some business,they are a great tight lipped Company,,and when I say tight lipped I mean it,it took me two years to find all about the additive alone
smile.gif

EDIT:
I thought DA Speed Sport was long gone,,guess not!
smile.gif

Might should add Maxum 4,a PAO/Ester blend oil to the list along with Silkolene and a host of others I will post later

[ January 07, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

The Belray and Maxima products are marketed as motor cycle oils so why would they try to meet any auto(API) specs.

Silkolene is Fuchs motorcycle oil line, so it's no surprise that they aren't API certified. However, if you look at Fuchs auto and truck oils, you will see that they are indeed fully API certified.

Fuchs Titan Supersyn SL 5w30 was the first MB 229.5 oil. And their Titan GT-1 0w20 claims to have NO VI improvers.

See www.fuchs-oil.de.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back