ordering craftsman tools from sears

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come you can't have them order a tool if they don't stock the tool in the store like a normal company would. I shouldn't have to buy the tool online and have to pay shipping. I called up sears today and gave them an item number and the girl was like no we don't carry this item and I was like can you order it then and I can pay for it over the phone and pick it up? She's like no we can't do that. No wonder sears is always scrapping to get by.

She has no clue what she's talking about. I used to work there, and they absolutely can order it. Order it from an in-store kiosk and it will show up at the store with no shipping fees.

One time I was in the store and the guy ordered me a tool in the store and I even got the online only discount price. I'm not sure if he was supposed to do that cause the next time I went back and a different guy was like we can't do that.

Originally Posted By: dparm
She has no clue what she's talking about. I used to work there, and they absolutely can order it. Order it from an in-store kiosk and it will show up at the store with no shipping fees.

You mean I have to go to the store and order it or can I call them up and talk to someone who knows what their talking about and order via phone?

They might not let floor level sales clerks do credit cards over the phone.

For all I know when you call the store the phone rings in ladies undies and a clerk with enough other stuff to do is also responsible for answering phones. Which is of course ridiculous of management.

Sears online always seems cheaper than sears stores, I presume because it skips the salesperson's commission.

They have a horrible setup! I went to buy a TV, which I wanted to do in person to see the picture quality etc, and they would not sell it to me because the warehouse the TVs are in closes early to save money. They get this expensive mall real estate and have a separate warehouse a few blocks away. It boggles the mind!!!

Sears hasnt been worth anything since the paper catalogs were dropped.Radio Shack is a shell of its former self,and who else misses the local "Western Auto" associate store? Yes,everything they sold was sourced and just stickered as a "Wizard","Teletone","Western Flyer" or "Citation",but still it made shopping local in small New England towns a lot easier.

They don't take phone orders, which is why you have to do it at the kiosk. Otherwise do it at home and pay shipping.....your choice.

Originally Posted By: dparm

True. I do this all of the time. Some on line orders from the Sears website have no shipping if picked up at the store. It will even tell you which store has the item in stock.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: eljefino
They get this expensive mall real estate and have a separate warehouse a few blocks away. It boggles the mind!!!

The nearest Sears store here is also in a mall. It's the biggest mall in the area, of course, and right across the highway from the third biggest mall in the area. So the warehouse? Yeah, it's across the street in the other mall.

Originally Posted By: johnachak
Ship to store is free

There was no pickup in store option for this item. I wanted a 9 piece set of flare nut wrenches.

If you go to the store and use the computer in the tool dept to order the tool you want they will ship to that store for free. I ordered a set of impact wobble sockets and they got in quick.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Originally Posted By: johnachak
Ship to store is free

There was no pickup in store option for this item. I wanted a 9 piece set of flare nut wrenches.
you don't want the craftsman ones. ck out sk ones

I'm thinking GearWrench is probably better quality than the current Craftsman.

beautyshot.jpg

I looked them up. I bought that set since I don't have any metric ones. $42 shipped and made in USA for 9 flare nut wrenches. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back