Options for drilled rotors for the rear on my 2007 S550?

Dba ( Disc brakes Australia) makes a crossdilled and dimpled rotor. You won't notice the dimples unless you look real close. This is the closest I've found other than slotted and crossdrilled rotors

Rockauto has some options, such as FVP rears for $50 each: linky

1693946268745.jpg

The rotors I have are fine, I'm not looking to replace them because they are worn or anything.
I got that you want the drilled rotors to match what is up front not because they're worn but because you want them to match for appearance sake. 2 ways to achieve that. Some PO replaces the front brakes with the "go fast kit" then sells it instead of putting the fancy rotors on back because the rears were fine.. :cool:

I got that you want the drilled rotors to match what is up front not because they're worn but because you want them to match for appearance sake. 2 ways to achieve that. Some PO replaces the front brakes with the "go fast kit" then sells it instead of putting the fancy rotors on back because the rears were fine.. :cool:
And the second way?

This is just for appearance since the car has large thin spoke wheels and I want the rear rotors to match the front's appearance. It's the base model with solid discs. This is the only place I found selling them at $149 a pair: https://brakeperformance.com/brake-rotors/cross-drilled-brake-rotors-black-zinc-coating.php Any other places? And no, I don't want any that drilled AND slotted. Like I said, to match the front.

It's going to be tough to find because I believe the car was originally outfitted with solid rears and drilled fronts.

Umm...the site I linked to has them.
I get that but drilled was not a factory option so your options are going to be limited. For example neither ATE, Zimmerman, or Brembo list drilled rears for your vehicle. You're left with a couple of white box options

Last edited:
Umm...the site I linked to has them.
Your car came with drilled front, solid rear. A Mercedes aficionado would know that, and be turned off by the drilled rears. The more modified a Mercedes appears, particularly an older S class, the less appealing to an informed buyer.

What tends to happen with older S classes is that they are bought by people who don’t understand the maintenance requirements. They spend their money on accessories instead of tending to the car. It results in huge hidden bills to be brought up to spec, and the dealers will no longer work on a car as old as yours, because the pattern has been repeated so many times:

• Buyer gets a “good deal“ on an S class
  • S class breaks down because it wasn’t cared for
  • S class gets towed to the dealership (free, thanks Mercedes)
  • Dealership gives the owner an estimate that the owner can’t afford
  • Owner throws a fit in the dealership, loud, often profane
  • Owner abandons car at dealership
  • Dealership has to go through process to posses and auction the car
This was the pattern at Mercedes of Virginia Beach. At one point last year, they had 90, not a typo, 90, abandoned cars on their lot. Making their lives difficult by taking up space, and requiring a ton of paperwork to get rid of them.

New policy: They will not touch a car over 15 years old. Like this one.

But this car will be more appealing to the low budget “fronter” who wants to look like they have money by buying an older, cheap, S class.

If you’re trying to separate the latter fool from their money, then perhaps those drilled rotors, along with the aftermarket wheels, will seal the deal.

But a Mercedes aficionado will know that this, with the aftermarket wheels, aftermarket brakes, is really a hooptie that should be avoided.

If you’re trying to separate the latter fool from their money, then perhaps those drilled rotors, along with the aftermarket wheels, will seal the deal.

But a Mercedes aficionado will know that this, with the aftermarket wheels, aftermarket brakes, is really a hooptie that should be avoided.
It's already rolling on 22's so a fronter is just fine. And when I put drilled rear rotors on my low mileage 2011 S600 a few years ago, it sold for over $30K. Not exactly hopptie money.

This is just for appearance since the car has large thin spoke wheels and I want the rear rotors to match the front's appearance. It's the base model with solid discs. This is the only place I found selling them at $149 a pair: https://brakeperformance.com/brake-rotors/cross-drilled-brake-rotors-black-zinc-coating.php Any other places? And no, I don't want any that drilled AND slotted. Like I said, to match the front.
So just buy them already, or are you looking for something cheaper? If so, just keep the stock ones.

Your car came with drilled front, solid rear. A Mercedes aficionado would know that, and be turned off by the drilled rears. The more modified a Mercedes appears, particularly an older S class, the less appealing to an informed buyer.

What tends to happen with older S classes is that they are bought by people who don’t understand the maintenance requirements. They spend their money on accessories instead of tending to the car. It results in huge hidden bills to be brought up to spec, and the dealers will no longer work on a car as old as yours, because the pattern has been repeated so many times:

• Buyer gets a “good deal“ on an S class
  • S class breaks down because it wasn’t cared for
  • S class gets towed to the dealership (free, thanks Mercedes)
  • Dealership gives the owner an estimate that the owner can’t afford
  • Owner throws a fit in the dealership, loud, often profane
  • Owner abandons car at dealership
  • Dealership has to go through process to posses and auction the car
This was the pattern at Mercedes of Virginia Beach. At one point last year, they had 90, not a typo, 90, abandoned cars on their lot. Making their lives difficult by taking up space, and requiring a ton of paperwork to get rid of them.

New policy: They will not touch a car over 15 years old. Like this one.

But this car will be more appealing to the low budget “fronter” who wants to look like they have money by buying an older, cheap, S class.

you dont really want the dealership working on older ones anyway. I suspect a 2011 is ok but I used to own old benzes and the newer techs never dealt with it before and didnt know how to fix anyway. A good indie was the key.

Back