Opinions on 2014 Chevy Traverse

I disagree and don’t say nobody told you so if one buys a vehicle with repeatable known issues. The problems are well documented and affected all owners. Just jump on any of the 3 forums for this platform.

GM doesn’t issue “special warranties” for no reason which have for the most part expired.
That applies more to a newer vehicle. If his 2014 was not well maintained, those "patterns" don't mean a whole lot. That is why I suggested a trusted mechanic look it over and not rely on hear say from a forum.

... the GM sedans and trucks I have experience with all have given good service.
Me too my GM vehicles have never had an expensive repair. Ive had far more issues, some Very expensive with Honda & Nissan. Honda broken timing belt and Nissan blown head gasket. To me, inexcusable.
Subaru over all just rotten experience. Close family member 2019 Kia SUV engine just blew, known issue something with the oil system.
This Kia family member drives like an old man and crazy about scheduled maintenance.

Me too my GM vehicles have never had an expensive repair. Ive had far more issues, some Very expensive with Honda & Nissan. Honda broken timing belt and Nissan blown head gasket. To me, inexcusable.
Subaru over all just rotten experience. Close family member 2019 Kia SUV engine just blew, known issue something with the oil system.
This Kia family member drives like an old man and crazy about scheduled maintenance.
Thing is....it's a numbers game. Far more people have had those issues with GM than have had a Honda timing belt break (assuming it didn't have like 200k miles on the belt).

My biggest personal gripe is that it seems Ike almost all of these newer cars are becoming less reliable and far more complicated.

Thing is....it's a numbers game. Far more people have had those issues with GM than have had a Honda timing belt break (assuming it didn't have like 200k miles on the belt).

My biggest personal gripe is that it seems Ike almost all of these newer cars are becoming less reliable and far more complicated.
70,000 miles on the Honda

Last edited:
Back