"Open" wireless network = HIPAA violation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Oh... My.... God.... seriously???? Like we are talking a straight-up RAID0 on a server with valuable data????
crazy2.gif

....Yep,
They live among us....

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Oh... My.... God.... seriously???? Like we are talking a straight-up RAID0 on a server with valuable data????
crazy2.gif

....Yep,
They live among us....

I bet once the gravity of the situation passed, you got a pretty good chuckle out of it though
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: redhat
Big hospital near me, ECMC, just went through a randsomware outbreak. What a mess.

For those unaware, ECMC is the greater Buffalo area's major trauma center.

This could have potentially caused people to die.

crazy2.gif

....Yep,
They live among us....

I bet once the gravity of the situation passed, you got a pretty good chuckle out of it though
wink.gif

It was my BIL (freshly hired): it was his 2-weeks-fresh-in crisis...

Me, I learned about the right RAID about 1997 (remember Win NT 4.51 and patches?)

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
HIPAA gets played really fast and loose in a lot of practices.
I remember being at a doctor's office, sitting down in one of their examination rooms for maybe ten minutes unattended. The computer was on, logged into an X ray program, and it had a prior patient's vital and personal information shown right on the screen, along with an X-ray image.
Pretty sloppy.

neh,
they just collected full name, driver license and SSN# at the registry....
on a paper sheet to be seen by everybody...

I seldom give ALL the information requested. And told oilBabe and the kids the same. They don't need your D/L or SSN to charge our insurance.

Never have I been asked to fill in fields I left blank.

crazy2.gif

....Yep,
They live among us....

wink.gif

It was my BIL (freshly hired): it was his 2-weeks-fresh-in crisis...

Me, I learned about the right RAID about 1997 (remember Win NT 4.51 and patches?)

I remember 3.51
wink.gif
Which is the release I think you are thinking of. NT 4 was just NT 4.

I remember 3.51
wink.gif

Win NT 4.0 with service pack5. It was recognizing a lot more drivers after that (printers/scanners) (if it didn't crash during patching.....)

I remember 3.51
wink.gif

Win NT 4.0 with service pack5. It was recognizing a lot more drivers after that (printers/scanners) (if it didn't crash during patching.....)

Yes, NT and Service Packs were a big change from the non-NT OS's. I was on the beta team for Windows 2000 back when it was NT5, LOL
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back