Old UOA from 2019 | 1985 Dodge Ram 225 Slant 6 - Rotella T4 15W40 - 2,600 miles

Hey, guys. I was recently looking through my old files and came across this UOA from my '85 Ram and I'm surprised I never shared it. But, better late than never, right? Anyway, I haven't done a UOA on this old truck since, but I still have it and drive it. Truck runs like brand new. 225 /6 mated to a 3 speed A727 transmission.
85 ram.jpg

As a young man, during my dating years, I had a girlfriend who had two(yup, 2) 1969 Valiants, each with a Slant 6 engines.
One was a white 2 door and the other a pea soup green 4 door. IIRC!

Last edited:
Hey, guys. I was recently looking through my old files and came across this UOA from my '85 Ram and I'm surprised I never shared it. But, better late than never, right? Anyway, I haven't done a UOA on this old truck since, but I still have it and drive it. Truck runs like brand new. 225 /6 mated to a 3 speed A727 transmission.View attachment 180819
I remember my old man bringing one home on a test drive 78 with 225 3 spd auto,
complete dog ! mind you we were used to a 383 and 440 at the time.

Yeah, that's how I feel whenever I drive any of my other vehicles. They feel like rocketships, lol. 100 hp certainly doesn't get your adrenaline flowing, but I sure do love to drive it. Has decent torque, but that first gear in this Torqueflite auto is ungodly tall. What bit of power it has gets zapped from it.

Yeah, that's how I feel whenever I drive any of my other vehicles. They feel like rocketships, lol. 100 hp certainly doesn't get your adrenaline flowing, but I sure do love to drive it. Has decent torque, but that first gear in this Torqueflite auto is ungodly tall. What bit of power it has gets zapped from it.
The leaning tower of power sure is a fitting saying Lol.....

The leaning tower of power sure is a fitting saying Lol.....
Definitely, lol. But I'll say this, any time I ever need this truck, it'll be ready to fire up and work at any moment. This truck is awesome. My Dad used it one time to tow a 3,500 lb. pontoon boat and he said it did just fine for him. Just got to be patient and get her rolling.

thats was one of the best attributes of the old slant 6. It was so understressed it couldn't be broken.

The Chrysler slant-6 and Ford 300 will battle for dominance against the cockroaches when the world comes to an end; they are both that durable.
throw in the Cummins 6 in the Ram for the diesel guys and the DC3 aircraft if they need to fly home and you have quite the list to get the survivors home when the cockroaches finally win the battle.

Is this FI or carb? Thinking carb.
I don't believe Chrysler ever injected the slant 6.. last of that body style truck (72 thru about 90) had a sawed off 318 in 6 cylinder form with throttle body injection...

Back