Ok to have an NTK upstream wideband O2 sensor on one bank and Denso on the other?

I bought a pair of NTK upstream O2 sensors about a year ago for future PM on my FX50s, which has a Nissan 5.0l V8. Long story short, that future PM happened a couple weeks ago. One of the two was defective. I ordered the NTK because RockAuto had is listed as the actual OE part, when I removed the actual OE parts, they were labeled NISSAN/DENSO. I ordered a new Denso sensor, installed it and all is good. The question is, should I replace the other NTK sensor with a denso so they match? Or is it okay to have them not match since they should meet the same spec. The defective sensor had an air leak and caused the car to run poorly.

I don't care about the labor involved, the originals came out easily. The new sensor would be ~$150, which is enough (after the previous $450) to give me pause. The car seems to be running fine, but is it optimal?

The one brand that's failed me the most on O2 sensors is Bosch. They've been very dependable. As in you can depend on having to do the job again in a year.

I bought a pair of NTK upstream O2 sensors about a year ago for future PM on my FX50s, which has a Nissan 5.0l V8. Long story short, that future PM happened a couple weeks ago. One of the two was defective. I ordered the NTK because RockAuto had is listed as the actual OE part, when I removed the actual OE parts, they were labeled NISSAN/DENSO. I ordered a new Denso sensor, installed it and all is good. The question is, should I replace the other NTK sensor with a denso so they match? Or is it okay to have them not match since they should meet the same spec. The defective sensor had an air leak and caused the car to run poorly.

I don't care about the labor involved, the originals came out easily. The new sensor would be ~$150, which is enough (after the previous $450) to give me pause. The car seems to be running fine, but is it optimal?

Interestingly enough, when I changed the plugs on my '02 Camry V6 three of them were done so and three of them were NGK

Back