Oil Vw 502.00 - 2.0T TSI For Tropical Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys

i'm new here
Firs of all, I live in Brazil (sorry by my english) and i have a 2013 Beetle 5c 2.0T TSI.
I'm second oner, the car has 42.000km (i got with 22000km)

i always change oil every 6 mounths and I was using Castrol Magnatec 5w40 VW502.00 (i think here in Brazil it's API SN and fully synthetic) wich was recommended by VW site.

Now i see the official site changes recommendation (sorry for portuguese imagem, but it from VW official site)

My question is:
Castrol Magnatec 5w40 is a good oil for my engine or should i change for another better?
We are in summer here, temps getting high (30°C~35°C), Do i keep in this viscosity ? Because i was trying 0w30, but i don't know who it works with high temps

What you think guys ?

Thnaks

Last edited:
Because of the nature of the VW specification, any oil that carries the spec will have nearly identical properties. You can use either one.

I would not use an oil that doesn't carry the spec however.

I think your choice of oil is a good one, especially during summer. You could try the 0w30 and I am sure it would give good service also.

1) forget about thin oils in highly tuned and downsized engines!!! It is "EKO&BIO" hype!!! Sae40 (5W40) or even higher in your circumstances is the way to go!!! 0w20&5W20&5w30 oily water is reserved for hybrid vehicles (here in EU) or for US of A N/A 5.7L V8 (lawnmover) engines with 250HP+ (regarding their HP per L)
smile.gif

2) friend has audi S3 with that engine....2.0 TFSI...chip tunned on 300HP+......wicked car to drive
laugh.gif

More than oil it is important that you regurarly change "tappet" on gasoline pump!!! That tappet is driven by one of chamsafts.....it is supoosed to be changed on cca 50.000kms....but wise users change it on 10.000-20.000kms!!!

If NOT.....that tappet disintegrates due to the wear and it ruins one of your camshafts....

Tappet cost only 30euros.....vs 400eur++ for new camshaft + work
wink.gif

Hysterical posting aside, any oil that meets 502.00 is not a "thin" oil, at least not materially thinner than any other 502.00 oil.

Thx for everyone help.

My main question is if that Castrol is good enough.

I read about liqui moly, but we don't have this oil here in Brazil.

So,i will keep with Castrol Magnatec SAE 5w40 API SN VW502 Fully synthetic

Since these engines can be quite an oil guzzlers if driven HARD.....I would prefer GTL oil ( gr. III+) over a regular gr. III oil

Mobil 1 synthetic Shell ultra synthetic
wink.gif
And OCI between 5000 to 10.000kms <-----MAX!!!

i really appreciate all help, guys
I learn a lot since join this forum.

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
Since these engines can be quite an oil guzzlers if driven HARD.....I would prefer GTL oil ( gr. III+) over a regular gr. III oil

Mobil 1 synthetic Shell ultra synthetic
wink.gif
And OCI between 5000 to 10.000kms div>

Thanks for recommendation, i like what i read about SHU and i will give it a try.
The SHU, Mobil 1 and Castrol Magnatec Professional has same price here in Brazil.

Do i need some special proccedure to change my current oil (Castrol) to Shell or M1, seeing that it is different group?

Sorry for noob questions
Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back