Oil required in rear differentiel on Jeep Wrangler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, instead of calling my Jeep dealer, is there a way to know which differential I have on my jeep ?

What mean W/ TT and WO/ TT
with and without what?

On Amsoil website I read this available for my jeep ;

Limited Slip Differential, Rear 226 FBI W/ TT......GL-5*
All TEMPS......75W-140 [5] [6]
SEVERE GEAR 75W-140 Synthetic EP Lubricant (SVOQT)
80W-140 Synthetic Long Life Gear Lube (FGO05)

or

Limited Slip Differential, Rear 226 FBI W/O TT......GL-5*
All TEMPS......80W-90 [5]
SAE 80W-90 Synthetic Gear Lube (AGLQT)
SEVERE GEAR 75W-90 Synthetic EP Lubricant (SVGQT)
75W-90 Synthetic Long Life Gear Lube (FGRQT)
SEVERE GEAR 75W-110 Synthetic EP Lubricant (SVTQT)

[5] Limited-Slip Rear Axles require the addition of 118 ml (4 oz.) MOPAR Limited Slip Additive
[6] Synthetic based oil.

The auto lockers like heavier gear oil as they seem to make more noise and have harsher locks/unlocks on thinner oil. I'd go for a synthetic 75w140.

It shouldn't require any special addtiives.

http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Jeep/WRANGLER might be ok, but below could be better:

Better: "So I figured out how to find what options your Jeep was equipped with from the factory. You can simply create a FREE "My Jeep" account on http://www.jeep.com/owners, and type in your VIN number, and you'll see the factory options on your Jeep when you click "Learn About...". You don't even need to own the Jeep you want to determine the options on, it doesn't check if you're the current owner. (I've checked options on multiple Jeeps that I have owned in the past, but don't currently own.) For example, I entered the VIN Number my 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ Laredo (VIN 1J4GZ58Y0RCXXXXXX) (The 'X' blocks out my Serial Number for privacy purposes) and it gave me the options it had from the factory, even the state it was shipped to originally and the original factory paint color! "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back