Oil production cut backs announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saudi Arabia announced that it will cut back it's oil production by 5%, -500,000 barrels/day. Russia had announced the same earlier.

Iraq (211,00), UAE (-144,000), Kuwait (-128,000), Kazachstan (-78,000), Algeria (-48,000), Oan (-40,000) and Gabon (-8,000) will follow suit

This will drop the worlds production by 1.5 % (including the Russian production cut) or over 1.6 million barrels per day in total. The price per barrel is expected to go up to the $95-$120 range by the end of the year, from around $80 now.

How are the strategic reserves doing at the moment?

Inflation is not going to end any time soon I expect

Yay. My heart sunk yesterday when I heard this news. Coordinated OPEC production cut, on top of another cut announced late last year (IIRC.) That's just great.

What we are doing isn't working...

Has anyone ever asked, "What happened?" Although, at that point we probably get into bias..

Yay. My heart sunk yesterday when I heard this news. Coordinated OPEC production cut, on top of another cut announced late last year (IIRC.) That's just great.

What we are doing isn't working...

Has anyone ever asked, "What happened?" Although, at that point we probably get into bias..

This was decided on an individual title, outside of OPEC for some reason

Canadian oil imports by rail are 120,000 bbls per day and can be ramped to 400,000 bbls per day if need be.

And here is an update of oil imports into the USA. Canada is the largest source by far, closing in on 4 million bbls per day. Oil from Saudi Arabia is about one tenth that amount.

211D90AD-3E49-42BA-803F-6E111D0B66CE.png

Last edited:
Canadain oil imports by rail are 120,000 bbls per day and can be ramped to 400,000 bbls per day if need be.

And here is an update of oil imports into the USA. Canada is the largest source by far, closing in on 4 million bbls per day. Oil from Saudi Arabia is about one tenth that amount.

View attachment 148723

Doesn't matter where it comes from you have to pay the global price of a barrel. Transport will be cheaper though.

And even if production goes up by 300,000 barrels a day, global production went down 1.2+ million barrels

Saudi Arabia announced that it will cut back it's oil production by 5%, -500,000 barrels/day. Russia had announced the same earlier.

Iraq (211,00), UAE (-144,000), Kuwait (-128,000), Kazachstan (-78,000), Algeria (-48,000), Oan (-40,000) and Gabon (-8,000) will follow suit

This will drop the worlds production by 1.5 % (including the Russian production cut) or over 1.6 million barrels per day in total. The price per barrel is expected to go up to the $95-$120 range by the end of the year, from around $80 now.

How are the strategic reserves doing at the moment?

Inflation is not going to end any time soon I expect
It's not all that different from prices during 2011-2014. Was it inflation back then as well?

It's not all that different from prices during 2011-2014. Was it inflation back then as well?

I'm saying, this will keep the current inflated prices going, as the high energy cost is fueling the current inflation and it's not exactly going down. This will affect natural gas and electricity prices aswell.

I'm saying, this will keep the current inflated prices going, as the high energy cost is fueling the current inflation and it's not exactly going down. This will affect natural gas and electricity prices aswell.
Driving season is ahead so this is just normal stuff which happens every spring. Of course OPEC nations have to abide by the cuts.

Interestingly on an inflation adjusted basis the price of gasoline today is the same as what it was in 2003. Energy prices are volatile and there are ways in which an individual can to a degree insulate themselves from that volatility.

It gets better, the U.S. Dollar is falling out of favor as a trade currency.

That would be a good and bad thing. In any case de-dollarization has a LOOONG way to go before it actually has an impact. As it currently stands almost 1/2 of international trade is settled in USD. The Euro makes up ~ 1/3 and other currencies make up the rest. Fearmongers want to point to China but that is overhyped.

Cartels are bad for anyone - they club up together and set prices. The worst part is the glut in oil supplies resulting in more uncontrolled inflation and higher interest rates to curtail inflation. Nothing is working on the Fed level to curtail inflation and this news couldn't have come at a worse time. Moving to hybrids and electrics is the way out of this hemorrhaging dogma of oil prices.

That would be a good and bad thing. In any case de-dollarization has a LOOONG way to go before it actually has an impact. As it currently stands almost 1/2 of international trade is settled in USD. The Euro makes up ~ 1/3 and other currencies make up the rest. Fearmongers want to point to China but that is overhyped.

I don't see anything 'good' about the dollar being replaced as the world's foremost trade (reserve) currency....at least not for American consumers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back