Oil pressure issue

Ok well this is new im working on my sons 2014 chevy silverado 5.3 L83 just did a complete overhaul on this motor with a full dod delete new cam,crank,oil pump,lifters,cam bearings, mian bearings,rod bearings the only thing we did not change were the pistons and rods disabled the amf getting it t reprogrammed for the stage one cam for some reason that i dont understand it has low oil pressure at low rpm to the point its saying to shut it down there is no screen that i can find to the sending unit can any one tell me what is under this plug and if it could be my problem thanks in advance gang

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231015_180410.jpg
    Screenshot_20231015_180410.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited by a moderator:
it may be easier to type one long run on sentence but it sure is a whole lot harder to read wouldn't you agree

Ok well this is new im working on my sons 2014 chevy silverado 5.3 L83 just did a complete overhaul on this motor with a full dod delete new cam,crank,oil pump,lifters,cam bearings, mian bearings,rod bearings the only thing we did not change were the pistons and rods disabled the amf getting it t reprogrammed for the stage one cam for some reason that i dont understand it has low oil pressure at low rpm to the point its saying to shut it down there is no screen that i can find to the sending unit can any one tell me what is under this plug and if it could be my problem thanks in advance gang
Did you take an actual oil pressure reading with a mechanical gauge?

It was once said that good grammar is a courtesy to the reader. Stands to reason, then, if you’re asking for help from a group, being as courteous as possible is in your best interest.

If the group can’t understand the post, they cannot help, and no, it is not a failure in reading comprehension in this case, it is a case of a post that is difficult to read, difficult to follow.

So, OP, you rebuilt this thing with new bearings, etc. but not new pistons.

Now, it has low oil pressure.

Pistons will make no difference in oil pressure. Those bearings you put in might. Did you check clearance? Plastigauge them? Loose clearances will cause low oil pressure.

Did you measure oil pressure with a good gauge? Your sender may be off.

Put a good gauge on it. See what that reads. Report back.

Sorry about the grammar. Its a bit tricky to do with only one hand on these phones. Sure it would be way easier my 20s.

It was once said that good grammar is a courtesy to the reader. Stands to reason, then, if you’re asking for help from a group, being as courteous as possible is in your best interest.

If the group can’t understand the post, they cannot help, and no, it is not a failure in reading comprehension in this case, it is a case of a post that is difficult to read, difficult to follow.

So, OP, you rebuilt this thing with new bearings, etc. but not new pistons.

Now, it has low oil pressure.

Pistons will make no difference in oil pressure. Those bearings you put in might. Did you check clearance? Plastigauge them? Loose clearances will cause low oil pressure.

Ddi you measure oil pressure with a good gauge? Your sender may be off.

Put a good gauge on it. See what that reads. Report back.
All the clearances check out fine. I am trying to find a gauge today to test it.

How clean was the block? It only takes a grain of debris to stick a pump bypass valve. Were the cam bearings new? I’ve seen some new ones in a overhaul kit that fit loose in the bore. How is the oil flow redistributed that once was the AFM oil circuit?

Last edited:
Back