OEM wheels, other than dealer?

Hi,

I have a 2017 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition, with the 16" alloy wheels. I am looking to replace one of the wheels that is heavily scratched. Are there alternative other online alloy wheel sellers that sell genuine OEM wheels, or at least of equal quality, other than ordering the factory OEM with the ridiculous inflated pricing??

If someone can suggest a very reputable, honest on line retailer who sells alloys that I can trust and be confident that the quality will be equal, or very close to equal of factory OEM Hyundai alloys?

Thanks
Michael in NJ

Junkyards are the obvious answer. There are junkyards that sell on ebay and other sites. If you're near Trenton, you can call Scarpati :unsure:

Also, if you don't have a full-size spare, get a second wheel to use for a full-size spare. Your elantra's spare tire well will accommodate a full-size spare :)

Alloy rims can be repaired rather cheaply. Especially when the damage is cosmetic. The next alternative is a used rim. Nobody sells new unused OEM rims aftermarket.

The local wreckers may have some that haven't been mangled. Pick it up in person though, as their definition of "good condition" maybe different than yours.
Also you can pick up a whole set of nicer OEM ones from someone privately, keep the best one and sell your old one with the set again.

There are many places on the Internet that sell replica wheels. Google is your friend.

Look at your local auto recycler / junkyards. A quick look at the locals here show a bunch of them in stock, and last time I bought they literally took me back and let me sort through them...

Hi,

I have a 2017 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition, with the 16" alloy wheels. I am looking to replace one of the wheels that is heavily scratched. Are there alternative other online alloy wheel sellers that sell genuine OEM wheels, or at least of equal quality, other than ordering the factory OEM with the ridiculous inflated pricing??

If someone can suggest a very reputable, honest on line retailer who sells alloys that I can trust and be confident that the quality will be equal, or very close to equal of factory OEM Hyundai alloys?

Thanks
Michael in NJ

Junkyards are the obvious answer. There are junkyards that sell on ebay and other sites. If you're near Trenton, you can call Scarpati :unsure:

Also, if you don't have a full-size spare, get a second wheel to use for a full-size spare. Your elantra's spare tire well will accommodate a full-size spare :)
Im close to them, I will call them and check. All the dealers pricing is around $530 for new OEM alloy

I’ve bought over a dozen wheels from these guys. OEM wheels that are straightened, repaired, and refinished. Beautiful. Look just like new. A fraction of the price.

car-part.com is a site for recyclers. You can find a part close to you and pick it up. Call ahead, because the site isn't necessarily the most up to date, and even if it is - they usually have to go pull the part and won't until someone is interested.

LKQonline.com will ship. They are the largest recycler. I have had good luck with them, others don't like them?

There are companies that refurbish wheels but honestly I would rather have a quality used one that hasn't been messed with. My dad ordered used aluminum wheels for his old Buick from a recycler in Texas - and they showed up perfect - so if your in the rust belt it would be better to buy from outside the rust belt.

I second the notion for buying one for a full sized spare. You'll have one at the ready in case you hit a pothole. Better to buy it when you can shop around, and not when you're on the hook for one.

Hi,

Thanks
Michael in NJ
Different strokes. Just get some silver paint to approximate the non scratched portion of the wheel and apply.

Yep. Google “used oem takeoff“ and your vehicle. see what you get. Cross check business web fronts and inventories to get an idea of they are serious.

I’ve bought several, including some thru eBay fronts and have been fine

I’ve bought over a dozen wheels from these guys. OEM wheels that are straightened, repaired, and refinished. Beautiful. Look just like new. A fraction of the price.

Thanks for the suggestion! I just spoke to them and will probably order from them. They seem very honest and reputable.

Back