NYC - Street Parking around Battery Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: stockrex
Talking about parking: I used to park at downtown Baltimore around Inner Harbor when I stayed at the Renaissance. Those dang parking meters took my money and never spit out a parking ticket, still kinda mad about it.

Baltimore has a free tourist bus, the Charm City Circulator:
http://www.charmcitycirculator.com/
It's great because you can park someplace near the route, and get to lots of places downtown without having to move your car, and this way you can park someplace cheaper (or free) and use the free tourist bus to get to places that have expensive parking.

Used parkopedia and found a parking structure will 11 ft clearance (really?)
It is 55 Water Street - Lot #33,

I am going to give them a call to tomorrow to confirm the garage max height. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

As a backup I booked a hotel in NJ in the airport.

Thanks a bunch guys.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stockrex
Used parkopedia and found a parking structure will 11 ft clearance (really?)
It is 55 Water Street - Lot #33,

I am going to give them a call to tomorrow to confirm the garage max height. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

As a backup I booked a hotel in NJ in the airport.

Thanks a bunch guys.

Yay, you used the company I referenced in my post! Good luck with your journey, sir.
cheers3.gif

I changed our plans at the last minute and stay at the Renaissance Newark Airport, I just did not have the mental fortitude to deal with an oversized van in NY city.

We chilled there with our unlimited starbucks brew courtesy of the Concierge lounge

Had a good view of Manhattan and the shipyard cranes.

Thanks!

Loq7Tyt.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pic! Beautiful weekend.

For others' future reference, if going over a weekend, time it right and you can find parking in the financial district on a friday night thats ok for the weekend. Done it lots of times. Beware that others' parking skills may not be great, and a suburban with a trailer hitch hanging out may be inches from your bumper.

Id look into driving to metro park and taking NJ Transit in, then using UBER in the city from NYP. Id also consider finding off-airport parking at EWR, getting a one way rental into NYC, and then taking a one-way rental out.

The train is your friend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back