NV5600 - Amsoil Syncromesh UOA 46,500km

Fast Pto coolers w/ passive filter installed at last OC. Installed pumped cooling loop and filter(magnefine) at 2nd last UOA (10,500km). Loop made about a 10-15 celsuis degree difference. Fast coolers didn't do much.

Not sure what is causing the spike in silicon, could this be rtv getting ground up?

Also interesting on the viscosity dropping off so fast then leveling out. Maybe this is from the transmission running cooler after installing loop?

NV 5600 MANUAL 6SP_TRANSMISSION.jpg

The viscosity is from the oil being "chopped up". The Magnefines are small filters.

The viscosity is from the oil being "chopped up". The Magnefines are small filters.
Would this explain the slowing rate in viscosity loss? Magnefine's are smaller, but I don't think there is enough particulates generated by a MT to plug them. And the Fe rate has slowed considerably from the first uoa. We'll see when I pull this one off and cut it open. The fast coolers also have a passive cartridge filter about 3" x 3".

Probably gone run this oil until 70k, then sample again.

I figured the gears ‘chopped up’ the fluid, not a filter.
Ok, I figured the same as well. Shearing.

What confused me we was the slowing rate of shearing. Will it eventually just level off? I will test and see. Tan looks good, so I'm not too concerned to run it for a while longer.

Looks like my cooler is working, since the TAN is staying put. Oil is still loosing viscosity though. I've since changed the oil and will be interested to see what happens over the winter.
NV 5600 MANUAL 6SP_TRANSMISSION.jpg

Back