Not cleaning rimfires ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note I refinished the stock with boiled linseed oil, have a decent scope on it and the 550-1 is my go to rifle to this day.

Originally Posted By: i_hate_autofraud
Originally Posted By: Slick17601
Anschutz only recommends cleaning the bore every 5,000 rounds. They are final word in rimfire accuracy.

That's more specific to Anschutz.
I don't know if most folks will shot 5,000 rnds on a single gun, that seems like a lifetime.

Last time I ran a patch thru a .219 Zipper barrel it came out green, meaning there was
old copper in the rifling. Lots of .22 loads have a thin copper plating that'll do the same thing.

5,000 rounds is nothing when it comes to shooting .22LR.

I don't clean rimfire bores either.

With that said, my Marlin 60s start to get unreliable if the action isn't cleaned every couple hundred rounds. Sometimes they won't make it that far if I'm using really nasty ammo. I won't shoot a brick in one outing, but if I'm with a couple of people who have never or rarely shot it's easy to go through that much rimfire.

Because of that, like others in this thread, I clean the actions after every range trip.

Originally Posted By: bunnspecial
I don't clean rimfire bores either.

With that said, my Marlin 60s start to get unreliable if the action isn't cleaned every couple hundred rounds. Sometimes they won't make it that far if I'm using really nasty ammo. I won't shoot a brick in one outing, but if I'm with a couple of people who have never or rarely shot it's easy to go through that much rimfire.

Because of that, like others in this thread, I clean the actions after every range trip.

Yes on ground squirrel hunts its very easy to go through a 500 round brick in one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back