Noise After Oil Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
shocked2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I've probably driven by there in the past couple of years when visiting relatives.
That address would be between Detroit and Hilliard?

Yes, and much closer to Detroit Rd. I forgot to mention that he said it sounds like it's deep within the engine. But I'll investigate the airbox cover/vacuum hoses topside first. I'm not even sure if this is the V6 or I4 engine. Looks like the V6 take a big cartridge filter. If the filter I'll prob get a ST or Fram at Walmart. He works six days a week, 12 hr days at the family restaurant so I don't mind helping. Below is a pic of the filter that the V6 uses.

Originally Posted By: car51
Hi Matt. I'll gladly "investigat " the filter. I'll be posting a failed E SCARE(E CORE filter) off brothers Yukon late next week
smile.gif

Thanks Adam, will prob get a ST or basic Fram for it. If it's the V6 engine it takes what appears to be a very long cartridge filter.

Exactly. A wiper takes at most 30 seconds to install. Can even find them for less than $10.00 here in the states No matter the price 2 years is about the best they can muster in this climate.

I used an ST wiper for $3 or so from WM. The wiper works pretty good but the metal assembly is rusting and looks terrible. Meanwhile the oem assembly on the passenger side still looks good after 13 years in the rust belt. Good thing I kept the oem driver's side to replace with a wiper insert.

So I checked my friend's car. First thing I noticed was the air filter assembly was ajar about an inch on the front side of it. Easy fix, not quite. Then I noticed the plastic tabs are broken not only on the top piece but the bottom assembly as well. So I figured that was it and told him about it. His reaction was kind of along the lines of, yeah I know. The air filter was sitting fine where it was. He gave me the keys to drive it but didn't do that after the airbox discovery. Plus he said come in and sit down. Not so sure I want to investigate it much more. I have a few things I need to take care of on the Matrix.

Maybe next time I will drive it and listen for noises. Then try a new oil filter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back