NHTSA investigates Ford engine failures

Not surprised from Ford's response, just like how only up to MY2016 was covered in the first Powershift lawsuit despite all Powershift trans have the same issue regardless of year. Amazes me people still buy from them.

The company told the agency in documents that defective intake valves generally fail early in a vehicle’s life, and most of the failures have already happened. The company told NHTSA said it made a valve design change in October of 2021.

Looks like it is a probe...
1696272827695.jpg

Not surprised from Ford's response, just like how only up to MY2016 was covered in the first Powershift lawsuit despite all Powershift trans have the same issue regardless of year. Amazes me people still buy from them.
Having owned a 2016 Focus, I'm pretty sketch on buying another Ford. The level of coverup was astounding.

Reactions: hrv
saw that story today.... thinking of my co worker whose King Ranch F150 sat in the dealer for 6 months while they rebuilt the Ecoboost.
Not knowing the actual numbers involved makes a person think
I do know one thing, if someone builds 100,000 units of anything and there are only 2 failures, they are doing a good job
but if there are 2000 failures they are doing something wrong

Reactions: hrv
Ecoboost has been a good engine for Ford and many happy customers. The known camchain/guide issue is usually only approaching 100k miles and after the warranty period. What's another $2-6K after spending $45-75K?

Back