Nexen N'Fera Sport R 200tw extreme performance tires

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
Going to give these a go as a step up from the budg-o Acceleras I was running for HPDEs for the last year. These should be significantly more grippy. Will try next weekend at Summit Point Shenandoah circuit then at VIR later this fall. These 245/40/17s are mounted on 17x9 wheels and are a bit wider than my previous 255/40s....shows tire measurements are not universal. Had them mounted at Discount Tire and bought them from True Performance Motorsport in CA.

20230923_170652.jpg
20230923_171740.jpg

Last edited:
That's a lot of rubber/pavement contact. (y)
I know right? THE MEATS!

These are 245/40s and the last ones were 255/40s...these are huge. About max width I can really do without rubbing. I already use a 5mm spacer out back (wheels have a -42 offset) as they are v. close to the shock boots.

Warm tires! Just did an initial heat cycle per the recommendation of the shop I bought them from. About 45 min of highway driving with some cloverleaf detours.

Initial impressions....wow. Much quieter than my cheapie Acceleras. Huge grip difference just based on some cloverleaf at a good clip.

20230925_105534.jpg

3x25 min sessions yesterday at Summit Point Shenandoah. Pushed it hard the last session. No rubbing so glad I did the 245/40 vs. 255 which would have been too big I think on the 9" wheels.

Getting a bit of air at ~100mph off the "Ski Jump"...WHEELS STRAIGHT!!!! Watch teh speedo jump to 120 from about 105 and if you listen to the loud MK5 in front of me before I go over you can hear his RPM jump up as well as he goes over. The carousel is a lot of fun at the end of the straight.

These are fantastic...not much else to say. Much more grip both lateral turning and straight line braking than the Acceleras which well...they are 2x the price I would hope so :ROFLMAO: . I felt comfortable from the get-go on them. I settled around 31psi old pressures before my sessions to end up around 37 which felt fine. 10/10 recommend getting these if you are into the track thing -True Performance Motorsport.

20231001_140722.jpg

3x25 min sessions yesterday at Summit Point Shenandoah. Pushed it hard the last session. No rubbing so glad I did the 245/40 vs. 255 which would have been too big I think on the 9" wheels.

Getting a bit of air at ~100mph off the "Ski Jump"...WHEELS STRAIGHT!!!! Watch teh speedo jump to 120 from about 105 and if you listen to the loud MK5 in front of me before I go over you can hear his RPM jump up as well as he goes over. The carousel is a lot of fun at the end of the straight.

These are fantastic...not much else to say. Much more grip both lateral turning and straight line braking than the Acceleras which well...they are 2x the price I would hope so :ROFLMAO: . I felt comfortable from the get-go on them. I settled around 31psi old pressures before my sessions to end up around 37 which felt fine. 10/10 recommend getting these if you are into the track thing -True Performance Motorsport.

View attachment 181370

Pay attention to your bearings. This will tax your bearings much more. That is why I don’t want to go super gluey tires. I hope they allow dome slide.

Pay attention to your bearings. This will tax your bearings much more. That is why I don’t want to go super gluey tires. I hope they allow dome slide.
They do for sure....you slide just not as much....at nearly 100K wheel bearings should be screaming soon!

Update after 3 track days on them, 1 at Summit Shenandoah and 2 at VIR.

The Nexens are great. Much more grip than the Acceleras I had previously. Can’t really say anything negative about them and happy I tried them. Seem to wearing well. Lasted a whole 40min session without fuss at a somewhat consistent pace. This event I was focused on working with my instructor and get a smoother line to work up my speed on so no lap times to talk about…hopefully next month at the TSCC event at VIR I can get some good runs/lap times. I settled on cold pressures at 31 to end up around ~38. They inspired confidence around the track.

I would highly recommend these tires if you want to try something different than the usual players.
20231106_142137.jpg

Back