New to me real scam- stealing a driveway from a homeowner.

I read that article. I am thinking there is more to the story than the details in the article or the person was just stupid or really gullible.

If your drive was real cobblestone then I can see someone stealing all the cobblestone.

I would always be around with any new contractor watching.

Its like the old school overpayment scam.

They send 17000$ check for your 15000 car oops send me 2000 back.

Now substitute work at someones house.
and the driveway/general contractor is blockhead.

I saw that also; a YT video of the story.
Seems incredulous, but actually is true. I suspect it's a scam where they remove your driveway and then send in people to "save the day" at your cost a few days later. The owner said they were contacted several times about getting the driveway redone by cold-call sales. Seems as though they took a new approach; forcing your hand into needing a new driveway.

My level of pissed-off would be unchartable.

and then send in people to "save the day" at your cost a few days later. The owner said they were contacted several times about getting the driveway redone by cold-call sales.
I would hope that NEVER works. Who would go through this and then say, "sure, how much do I pay you ?" ? 😂

How does one steal a driveway? Around here if anyone has landscaping or construction getting done everyone else keeps an eye on the workers.

How does one steal a driveway? Around here if anyone has landscaping or construction getting done everyone else keeps an eye on the workers.
The word "steal" is in quotes. No one took this driveway to use for themselves or fence - it ended up in a construction dumpster or multiple dump trucks. At the end, the homeowner doesn't have a driveway.

The word "steal" is in quotes. No one took this driveway to use for themselves or fence - it ended up in a construction dumpster or multiple dump trucks. At the end, the homeowner doesn't have a driveway.
Well, they did take it without permission… Sounds a lot like “steal” to me!:unsure:

Back