NEW Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline

First, you said There are no Shell stations in NY. Now you're saying that there are, but not near you. And, according to the link I provided, there are shell stations in many areas of NY state. If you expand the map that's in the link, you'll see how many Shell stations there are. I'm sorry you're unable to find them or that they're not right across the street from your residence. An additional check shows 292 Shell stations in 156 towns and cities in NY state That's a few more than there being no Shell stations in NY.

I did say there are no stations, Silly me but haven't been east in while. I'm glad you got a such a rise about me being wrong though. If you can do google searches and read a map so well, maybe you can figure out it's a big state and as I said I LIVE FIVE HOURS AWAY from the nearest Shell station. There are few if any on the I90 corridor as they are mostly Mobil or Sunoco

The closest stations to me are in Canada actually, and one or two left in NW PA and the majority of stations (370 or so) are in NYC and Long Island and are 5-7 hours from me, which I already stated. Reading comprehension is key, old man. Thanks for telling me about where I live though, which is pretty ignorant...

Last edited:
I buy a bunch of Shell V Power and ever since they have started this new “ 100% deposit removal” the prices have went up even more. Before they were about .60 more per gallon than regular. Now it’s upwards of .80 or more.

They also increased the savings on their fuel rewards app. Now they have a platinum status where before the top level was gold. Also if you buy V Power, you get double the rewards as long as you buy 10 gallons or more.

Seems like they increased the price, but also increased the rewards for buying it if you use the app.
Premium 91 or higher is more expensive everywhere lately, due to a shortage of some type of additive that is in short supply.

I did say there are no stations, Silly me but haven't been east in while. I'm glad you got a such a rise about me being wrong though. If you can do google searches and read a map so well, maybe you can figure out it's a big state and as I said I LIVE FIVE HOURS AWAY from the nearest Shell station. There are few if any on the I90 corridor as they are mostly Mobil or Sunoco

The closest stations to me are in Canada actually, and one or two left in NW PA and the majority of stations (370 or so) are in NYC and Long Island and are 5-7 hours from me, which I already stated. Reading comprehension is key, old man. Thanks for telling me about where I live though, which is pretty ignorant...
I am from NY. Never said I was particularly bright. Heck, I repeated Kindergarten (true!) Still, no need to cast aspersions. Yes, reading comprehension is important, but so is the ability to write a clear and precise statement. I got no "rise" from you being wrong.

Last edited:
I am from NY. Never said I was particularly bright. Heck, I repeated Kindergarten (true!)

People often assume NY is basically NYC and east, it strikes a nerve so sorry if I was a bit randy...

Not sure how old or new those Shell stations are, I've never seen any driving a bit north on the I90 to New England, and it seemed that there were fewer Shell stations that way in New Hampshire and Mass than in the 90's on the major routes like the Turnpike, and that a regional provider took some over. I do try to get Shell 93 octane when out that way...

EDIT: It appears Gulf took over a lot of the former Shell stations on the Pike but of course Shell is one of the main providers in New England. But none on the I90 in NY....

Last edited:
GM’s 6.2 liter gas engine needs 93 for full performance as per the owners manual. Useful info for 6.2 owners.

I didn’t know they actually recommended 93 until a few months ago when I was flipping through an owners manual. I figured it would have recommended 91 or higher. I know a guy who only runs 87 in his 6.2 Denali pickup, though he’s probably never opened the manual.

People often assume NY is basically NYC and east, it strikes a nerve so sorry if I was a bit randy...

Not sure how old or new those Shell stations are, I've never seen any driving a bit north on the I90 to New England, and it seemed that there were fewer Shell stations that way in New Hampshire and Mass than in the 90's on the major routes like the Turnpike, and that a regional provider took some over. I do try to get Shell 93 octane when out that way...
No big deal ... a little friction smooths the rough edges.

Sunoco stations around me used to have 94, 92, 89, and 87 octane around me. There also used to be a Sunoco station around that sold unleaded race fuel. Now Sunoco offers 92,89,and 87 octane only.

Back in the late 60s early 70s my dad worked at DuPont’s and he told me that rumor had it they kept a fleet of muscle cars to test the fuel additives. A 427 powered Corvette was the one I remembered him talking about. Tetraethyllead was some nasty stuff. Many health issues with workers from that plant. Some of the highest rates of cancer (bladder) in the nation from a very small town.

Do any of you run v-power in your car that only requires 87? I run it in my Subaru 2.4L turbo as I feel it runs smoother and I get a bit better fuel economy. I know the new vpower is also formulated to keep GDI engines cleaner according to shell.

Last edited:
Do any of you run v-power in your car that only requires 87? I run it in my Subaru 2.4L turbo as I feel it runs smoother and I get a bit better fuel economy. I know the new vpower is also formulated to keep GDI engines cleaner according to shell.
It's like 50 cent a gallon more

I run the Nitro in my Corvette. The local Shell station around here is the cheapest for both 87 and 93, and is competitive on diesel as well. We are in the Shell Fuel Rewards program, and have Platinum status, so that gives us an additional 10 cents a gallon off. Then, I use my credit cards at the pump that give maximum rebates at gas stations. Its usually 3 percent rebate, but sometimes is 5 percent, as is the case this quarter of the year with Discover. The Corvette is too new to have serious engine deposits, but it runs like a champ on Shell 93

I run the Nitro in my Corvette. The local Shell station around here is the cheapest for both 87 and 93, and is competitive on diesel as well. We are in the Shell Fuel Rewards program, and have Platinum status, so that gives us an additional 10 cents a gallon off. Then, I use my credit cards at the pump that give maximum rebates at gas stations. Its usually 3 percent rebate, but sometimes is 5 percent, as is the case this quarter of the year with Discover. The Corvette is too new to have serious engine deposits, but it runs like a champ on Shell 93
Same here. My CC gives me 5 percent and I have platinum status with shell rewards.

I just started doing the same in all three of my TGDIs. I feel like I notice the same result. There's a good video on Reddit showing how superior Shell 93 truly is compared to other brands like Chevron.

I just started doing the same in all three of my TGDIs. I feel like I notice the same result. There's a good video on Reddit showing how superior Shell 93 truly is compared to other brands like Chevron.
I got a lot of back lash when I said I used v-power in the Subaru group. I posted this info from the Shell website and the OM. They acted like I was against using 87 which I am not.
1693765650828.jpeg

1693765666274.jpeg

Back