New Savage B17G w Nikon prostaff ll scope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered from Classic arms in N.C. the new Savage B17G 17 hmr with wood stock and a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 Scope with BDC. I'm hoping it will reach out to 200 yards on a calm day. Anyone have experience with the Savage bolt rimfires? Mostly target shooting and plinking.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't have any personal experience, but just wanted to comment that the .17 HMR looks like such a fun round. Savage makes a fine rifle, and that one looks fantastic. I hope you keep us updated once you have some time with it!

From my experience having owned many different caliber Savage bolt action rifles, they are the most accurate mass produced, affordable rifle on the market. And the .17 HMR has a reputation for accuracy, but I'm not sure if it is a 200 yard round.

I have a Savage 93 in .17hmr, also with a Prostaff 3-9 scope and it is a blast of a little shooter! The trigger (accu trigger) is maybe 4lbs and the best factory trigger I've used. It has very little take up, a very crisp break and minimal reset travel. It is definitely a 200yd gun in the right hands

Originally Posted by The_Eric
I have a Savage 93 in .17hmr, also with a Prostaff 3-9 scope and it is a blast of a little shooter! The trigger (accu trigger) is maybe 4lbs and the best factory trigger I've used. It has very little take up, a very crisp break and minimal reset travel. It is definitely a 200yd gun in the right hands

I have the same rifle , it is a blast . I was hitting shot gun shells at 150 yards at will . Do you think it is even 4lbs ? I just touch it and it fires .

You should be able to reach 200 yards. I've shot woodchucks at 160 yards standing resting against a tree with 17hmr. Can shoot a group at 100 yards with holes touching. You will certainly enjoy it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kjmack
Originally Posted by The_Eric

I have the same rifle , it is a blast . I was hitting shot gun shells at 150 yards at will . Do you think it is even 4lbs ? I just touch it and it fires .

I thought I saw in the manual that it was adjustable down to 4lbs, so that's what I put down but I definitely agree that it feels like half that. Personally I think it feels better than the LaRue 4lb AR trigger I just instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back