New Ruger 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the look. Kinda 'Waltherish'. I hope Ruger gets it right and sells tons of them.
34.gif

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Just looked at the specs, mid-size frame, 4" barrel, 15 round mag, white U shaped rear sight... can you say Glock 19 with a thumb safety and a probable street price under $300? Why not?!

Kinda what I was thinking. I want to see some reviews.

Not sure why this exists, they already have the American, SR9, SR9E. The average ding dong has no idea of the difference between a striker and a hammer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Slick17601
Not sure why this exists, they already have the American, SR9, SR9E. The average ding dong has no idea of the difference between a striker and a hammer.

Those are all full size pistols and the SR9c and RAP compact are sized like a Glock 26. It does seem to fill a gap in Ruger's plastic pistol line for a mid size frame.

I handled one at the gun show this past weekend. Nice inexpensive pistol. I liked the ergonomics very much and the grip was perfect for my medium-sized hand. I wasn't real crazy about the safety but it was small and more or less out of the way. I'm not a big fan of Ruger's new styling queues a la the American, but it does look a bit more serious than the bland SR series while still being somewhat generic. I'm considering getting one but I'll have to see more reviews on it first.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
I handled one at the gun show this past weekend. Nice inexpensive pistol. I liked the ergonomics very much and the grip was perfect for my medium-sized hand. I wasn't real crazy about the safety but it was small and more or less out of the way. I'm not a big fan of Ruger's new styling queues a la the American, but it does look a bit more serious than the bland SR series while still being somewhat generic. I'm considering getting one but I'll have to see more reviews on it first.

I am truly not a glock fanboy...but I carry them bc they flat out work. If you are buying this firearm to carry...why? Is it $$?...makes no sense when your life "could" be on the line. It certainly is not bc it is more reliable than glock. Its no smaller..if anything its bigger.

So before you, buy ask yourself some practical questions.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
I am truly not a glock fanboy...but I carry them bc they flat out work. If you are buying this firearm to carry...why? Is it $$?...makes no sense when your life "could" be on the line. It certainly is not bc it is more reliable than glock. Its no smaller..if anything its bigger.

Here I am in total agreement with Al. I'm just not seeing what, if anything, these cheap new plastic pistols that come out seemingly every 15 minutes by all of these manufacturers, offer that Glock doesn't? Glock has been around for over 30 years now, and is well proven, and most importantly, still in production. With very few modifications of the original design. The reason is because they flat out work.

Originally Posted By: billt460

Here I am in total agreement with Al. I'm just not seeing what, if anything, these cheap new plastic pistols that come out seemingly every 15 minutes by all of these manufacturers, offer that Glock doesn't? Glock has been around for over 30 years now, and is well proven, and most importantly, still in production. With very few modifications of the original design. The reason is because they flat out work.

I just wrote this in my diary!!!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al

Who said I'm carrying it? Who said my life was going to depend on it? Who said I'm buying one for anything other than 'just to have'? Why do these threads always get steered off track?

Who said I'm carrying it? Who said my life was going to depend on it? Who said I'm buying one for anything other than 'just to have'? Why do these threads always get steered off track?

Well ok but I have been throughh all these stages...buying inferior guns and then going to the range and waste my time and ammo. I mean its not a target gun and using another gun really doesn't serve a purpose (*disclaimer..for me) I either want to me a target master or shoot the gun that I use and carry. Then again I take SD shootiong seriously..not for everyone.

Enjoy.
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back