New MacBook Pro with Retina Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the chance to setup one of these units recently, quite amazing really, the picture quality.

My only caveat is that it's not very bright. I prefer a well lit screen, this isn't one if those.

BUT...it still is amazing quality.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
I had the chance to setup one of these units recently, quite amazing really, the picture quality.

My only caveat is that it's not very bright. I prefer a well lit screen, this isn't one if those.

BUT...it still is amazing quality.

What with the thin area to jam lights in and how tiny the pixels are, the screen is definitely not the brightest available. That said, I keep it at 1/3rd power inside. In a sunny environment, full screen brightness is enough. Sitting out in direct sun, like on the beach may prove to be less than ideal though! Lol

I used one today. Nice and clear, but I wasn't ready to chuck my ThinkPad for one. ThinkPad is 14" with 1600x900.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I used one today. Nice and clear, but I wasn't ready to chuck my ThinkPad for one. ThinkPad is 14" with 1600x900.

Come ON!!!

You know the 15" 2880x1800 MacBook Pro is calling to you!! Give into temptation. Come to the dark side!!!!

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Come ON!!!

You know the 15" 2880x1800 MacBook Pro is calling to you!! Give into temptation. Come to the dark side!!!!

Only if work pays for it, which they won't, LOL
grin.gif

Remember that you could have gotten the EXACT same thing for like, $529 if you had bought it from another vendor without the Apple logo on it, and on sale at Newegg!

LOL.

Awesome. Im happy that my 2008 MBP still works perfect and is plenty powerful and fast... But I really do want one of these!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Remember that you could have gotten the EXACT same thing for like, $529 if you had bought it from another vendor without the Apple logo on it, and on sale at Newegg!

LOL.

Awesome. Im happy that my 2008 MBP still works perfect and is plenty powerful and fast... But I really do want one of these!

I don't see anyone in this thread stating anything about newegg.com (which does have excellent deals for most normal people) so interesting comment.
whistle.gif

Nope, just a tongue in cheek jab at some of the discussions that have occurred in the past where people talk about the apple having the EXACT same parts and build equivalency with just an inflated price tag.

One on computer reliability from a year or so ago comes to mind.

LOL Funny you mention Dell & NewEgg. Recently Newegg offered a Dell laptop with an i5-33xx processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB disk, all the fixin's and a 15" screen for $479. Pretty much a great laptop. EXCEPT for the screen. The generic 1366 resolution is nothing to get excited about and it's not that crisp.

Sure you could have bought 4 of those honkin' Dells for the price of one Macbook but would you want to look at them? If Dell had the Retina display they would do well, but until then, the allure of the Macbook, even at high prices, continues to impress many, including myself.

I like my 15" t520 with FHD 1920x1080

Its amazing and anything more has to be super overkill.. in a good way. The IPS viewing angle is great too.

the comment above is so true.

all the sale computers seem to have the 1990 "HD" widescreen of 1366x768 /vomit
even some of the 17" ones.

I ended up paying 190$ more for the fhd ips screen.. worth every penny.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
I like my 15" t520 with FHD 1920x1080

Its amazing and anything more has to be super overkill.. in a good way. The IPS viewing angle is great too.

the comment above is so true.

all the sale computers seem to have the 1990 "HD" widescreen of 1366x768 /vomit
even some of the 17" ones.

I ended up paying 190$ more for the fhd ips screen.. worth every penny.

I have the same machine w/ i-7, 1920x1080 FHD anti-glare screen and win 7 pro and fingerprint scan
smile.gif
I love it.
about to add 4GB to get the RAM to 8GB...

But I am sure the Macbook Pro is very nice, too

The switch to MacBook Pro 4 years ago was a great improvement in productivity for me. I'll probably upgrade one of these days, though not necessarily for the screen, but for a bigger hard drive and more power. I've gotten so used to the speed that I keep doing bigger things and needing more.

Definitely the 8 gb of ram helps

I switched over from my 2.66 core duo 15" macbook pro to the i7 2.6 quad 15".

Runs my 8 second excel macros in 4 seconds. Generates the code for my main website in just under 5 minutes using 10 to 15% of the processor, where the old one took 12 at 55 to 80% of processor.

Quite an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back